Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 11:34 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,180,148 times

Advertisements

So this co-worker yesterday out of the blue just opens up and begins to tell me how she caught her husband cheating on her. She goes on to tell me how she finds these condoms in their van, new and freshly used!!!
I'm thinking to myself WOW where's this coming from...So anyway she goes on to tell me her husband is having this affair and it's with a lady she worked with! Proceeds to tell me she worked with this lady for another year and says nothing! So now she does her own thing sneaking and cheating and he's still doing his thing They have 3 or 4 kids and daily play this game! I could hear or feel her pain in this conversation as she was sharing with me and all the time wondering to myself how or why would you do this to yourself and family (kids)?
So, is this behavior more normal than I think? Your thoughts please..
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2009, 11:43 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,897,351 times
it's not uncommon, but I wouldn't call it normal. I'll reference the lyric again "everybody playing married, or paying child support"

do they both know about each other or are both "hiding" it from each other.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
it's not uncommon, but I wouldn't call it normal. I'll reference the lyric again "everybody playing married, or paying child support"

do they both know about each other or are both "hiding" it from each other.
They both know, but to what degree I am unsure.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:47 AM

283 posts, read 738,411 times
I think it is all too common. Rather than just out the cheater and deal with the repercussions, they think it is better for the sake of their families to just pretend it isn't there and then find their own "friends". The problem lies in the fact that the kids will eventually notice what is going on and that will screw them up even more than a divorce in the beginning would. I don't understand this way of thinking, but I have seen it quite a few times.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:53 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,445,810 times
First of all, too much information to share with a coworker.

Second, why the van? Gross.

Third, if it works for them, whatever....

Old 06-04-2009, 11:53 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,584,333 times
I think it is very common. People stay together for various reasons, and find ways of working around the fact that they are no longer infatuated with, or sometimes even attracted to, eachother. Just the other day, a co-worker was telling me that she is no longer even remotely attracted to her husband, that she finds his personality wimpy and his physique too overweight for her taste...but she will never leave him because she loves him and doesnt want to hurt him, and because they have a good routine and life together, they see eye to eye on a lot of things, and enjoy each others company. If the Marlboro man were to walk into her bedroom while her man was at work, I reckon she would put that hat on and go to town...! There will always be attraction to others, and there will always be fantasies...a lot of people feel the fantasy is not enough and try to manifest it. Sadly, the fantasy is usually much better than the reality, especially when people get hurt...but yes, I believe cheating is a very common occurance in relationships, and whe someone gets caught, the spouse/partner rationalizes his/her own cheating and the couple embarks on a long-winded, often dishonest journey. If they HAD been honest with each other, maybe they could have enjoyed extra partners together...and remained connected without all the hurt...though society has so drilled it into our heads that this is perverted and wrong, my guess is it would be a rare thing.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:16 PM

857 posts, read 1,422,374 times
Unless she was already cheating too this woman is insane. Get physical evidence of the guy cheating, divorce, take his $$$. Why would you keep a person like that in your life?? Life is too short to spend it locked in a marriage for the sake of children. The lesson you are setting is never have children, otherwise you may be locked in a marriage for life.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:46 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,298,567 times
Some people would rather stay in their marriage and be cheated on rather than get a divorce.

Old 06-04-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
Some people would rather stay in their marriage and be cheated on rather than get a divorce.

and as I identified I thought I could feel her pain as she was telling me her story.....it was a very sad thing.

Old 06-04-2009, 11:01 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl-r View Post
and as I identified I thought I could feel her pain as she was telling me her story.....it was a very sad thing.
Or maybe she's a drama queen, living out her own soap operas and wants to talk about them. People like that are emotional vampires and can wear you out to be around them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships