Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 07:05 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,874,059 times

Advertisements

Just trying to get a feel here. Talking with some people here about it is like talking to a wall. I feel sorry for ya if you haven't. It's a great feeling. When you really love someone, you always will, regardless of whether or not things end up working out. There's not the slightest bit of bitterness. You look back and see the experience only as a blessing.

Last edited by Philosophizer; 06-08-2009 at 07:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 07:09 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
Just trying to get a feel here. Talking with some people here about it is like talking to a wall. I feel sorry for ya if you haven't. It's a great feeling. When you really love someone, you always will, regardless of whether or not things end up working out. There's not the slightest bit of bitterness. You look back and see it only as a blessing.
Whatcha talkin' about? I love myself every night. Oh! That kind. Yes, once. T'was great while it lasted.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:13 PM

5,510 posts, read 9,496,310 times
I think I was in love with someone once. But she said that, since she didn't feel the same way about me, it wasn't real love.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:15 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,451,384 times
Quote:
Just trying to get a feel here. Talking with some people here about it is like talking to a wall. I feel sorry for ya if you haven't. It's a great feeling. When you really love someone, you always will, regardless of whether or not things end up working out. There's not the slightest bit of bitterness. You look back and see it only as a blessing.

There's romantic love and there's love. Romantic love doesn't last and real love is about getting past the bitterness.

Unconditional love is what you feel for a young child. It doesn't exist in adult relationships. :-(

Old 06-08-2009, 07:16 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
I sure have, in the purest and most selfless way. Nothing and no one has compared to it since.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:18 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Default Have you actually ever loved someone?

Quote:
Well I've actually loved a lot of people, friends and family and lovers. I'd not have been in a relationship with them if I didn't love them, REALLY love them and I know when I look back that I will be able to say that I always loved them. There are people that I love, that I will love until I die. BUT I'm not blind to their faults, or my faults or the randomness of the universe in general and even though I might love someone until the day I die, doesn't mean I always like them or that I'm not bitter about things that they did or how things turned out.

I can and do and will always love some people in my life BUT some of them I will also hate at different times, be ambivilent to, bitter with, angry with, dismissive of, a whole plethora of human emotions. That's life.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
There's romantic love and there's love. Romantic love doesn't last and real love is about getting past the bitterness.

Unconditional love is what you feel for a young child. It doesn't exist in adult relationships. :-(
I'm sorry you feel that way. Love by definition is unconditional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I sure have, in the purest and most selfless way. Nothing and no one has compared to it since.
Amazing isn't it. Especially at the moment when it hits you like a ton of bricks. I'll never forget it. It's too beautiful to describe with the words of men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Well I've actually loved a lot of people, friends and family and lovers. I'd not have been in a relationship with them if I didn't love them, REALLY love them and I know when I look back that I will be able to say that I always loved them. There are people that I love, that I will love until I die. BUT I'm not blind to their faults, or my faults or the randomness of the universe in general and even though I might love someone until the day I die, doesn't mean I always like them or that I'm not bitter about things that they did or how things turned out.

I can and do and will always love some people in my life BUT some of them I will also hate at different times, be ambivilent to, bitter with, angry with, dismissive of, a whole plethora of human emotions. That's life.
I see where you're coming from. Of course there are going to be the ups and downs, but when you really connect on that level with someone, things cannot change between you and that love will never die. It binds you.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:03 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
that love will never die. It binds you.
It may not die, but it's not enough to sustain a relationship. Once the chemicals settle down, the incompatibilities rear their ugly heads.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:04 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,903,517 times
Quote:
I see where you're coming from. Of course there are going to be the ups and downs, but when you really connect on that level with someone, things cannot change between you and that love will never die. It binds you.
I'm not disputing that it does bind you or that it will ever die, only that for some people, including myself that love, even unconditional love can sit side by side with hate or anger or bitterness. I can love someone right now, know that I will love them forever no matter what but I might not always like them, I might not always think they're great and they may do things that are hurtful, that make me feel angry and bitter. It won't stop me loving them but I cannot deny that I will feel other emotions in relation to them as well as undying love.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It may not die, but it's not enough to sustain a relationship. Once the chemicals settle down, the incompatibilities rear their ugly heads.
It's always important to discern the chemical high from the qualities you actually love them for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
I'm not disputing that it does bind you or that it will ever die, only that for some people, including myself that love, even unconditional love can sit side by side with hate or anger or bitterness. I can love someone right now, know that I will love them forever no matter what but I might not always like them, I might not always think they're great and they may do things that are hurtful, that make me feel angry and bitter. It won't stop me loving them but I cannot deny that I will feel other emotions in relation to them as well as undying love.
We're on the same page. You're bound to feel every emotion that exists about the ones you love, but at the end of the day, love goes on and triumphs over anything else you feel about that person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships