Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 09:11 PM

16 posts, read 25,202 times

Advertisements

I was reading a thread about why women go for the bad boys, here are two replies that caught my attention:
From Skoe:
It is all about the sex! Think about Brad Pitt in Troy. That is the image of a bad boy, what woman wouldn't want to be taken by the likes of him? (Replace your ideal bad boy image in my example.)

My husband is the sweetest guy in the world. I don't want for anything but I have to admit that my whole dating history is with Bad Boys. It was fun, exciting, great sex but when it came down to having kids and a "normal" adult life I had to give them up.

Now I am a suburban house wife with a stable relationship and look to Melrose Place or Desperate Housewives to get my thrill fill.

From Mrs. Bewitched: I will restate what someone already said. It's about the s e x.

Girls automatically assume that the "bad boy" will be good in bed. These are the girls who like it a little ....rougher Guys who will excite them and treat them a little, I guess, naughty. Not as a gentle little girl. The guy who grabs your hair and doesn't ask permission

These are the guys I was always attracted to when I was single...while my girlfriends were picking out the yuppies with the button down shirt, styled hair and the clean shaven face...I was looking at the tattooed, 5 o'clock shadow...hardened (probably criminals)....for that exact reason I posted up there (still had to be good looking though! And preferably dark haired).

Kinda like a.....Colin Farrel. He's a little "dirty" and bad boyish.

BUT. That's not who you marry. You marry the good guy who wants to make the family and is financially stable and who won't make you worry about different things.

Probably because the bad boy won't do any of those things

Well that's not cool, It would suck if I find out the woman that I will marry secretly lusts thrill of the bad boys but had to give them up and marry me for a stable life, that's not really fair..

Last edited by Driedupfish; 06-15-2009 at 09:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 09:18 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,778,155 times
C/D's relationship forum is the LAST place you will have to take seriously

You can never really separate jest from seriousness on an online message board.

It's also powered by the freedom provided by anonymity. Who's gonna admit this with a microphone in front of 10 people.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:18 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,278,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driedupfish View Post
Well that's not cool, If I find out the woman that I marry secretly lusts thrill of the bad boys but had to give them up and marry me for a stable life, that's not really fair..
Sorry, nobody ever said life was fair. It is what it is. If it's any consolation for you, many women do marry the so-called bad boys and suffer.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
It's also powered by the freedom provided by anonymity. Who's gonna admit this with a microphone in front of 10 people.
Me...?!

Old 06-15-2009, 09:20 PM

37 posts, read 84,967 times
some woman do that n ends gettin married to the good guys.But bcuz they liked bad boy that means they still have that need(badness) inside of them. Unless those woman end marrying some1 that has both qualities, like most of them the woman will go out n cheat on their nice goody husbands, bcuz they r bored.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:20 PM

9,904 posts, read 13,919,822 times
For your own sanity and self esteem I implore you not to waste too much of your life taking other people's posts on a forum as the be all and end all on a topic.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny_queens View Post
some woman do that n ends gettin married to the good guys.But bcuz they liked bad boy that means they still have that need(badness) inside of them. Unless those woman end marrying some1 that has both qualities, like most of them the woman will go out n cheat on their nice goody husbands, bcuz they r bored.
Well they clearly fall in love with the financial stability and the roof the good boy provides

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Me...?!
Didn't you once say that you smoke? Lately I have been hooked on to smoker chicks around here.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Well they clearly fall in love with the financial stability and the roof the good boy provides
Stability of any kind is certainly good when you have a marriage in mind.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Didn't you once say that you smoke? Lately I have been hooked on to smoker chicks around here.
What can I say... We're charmers!

Old 06-15-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Stability of any kind is certainly good when you have a marriage in mind.
I have moved around with self-empowered women in my work life. Have a hard time imagining a lady who expects such stuff from the good boy in this age
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships