Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 03:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,793 times

Advertisements

Not of the Mike Sorrentino kind lol, but dunno what to think of this situtation. I pretty much have a routine where i stop @ this spot roughly a certain day/time every week. Seen/met/conversed with this person maybe 3x, 4x tops in the past 2 months. Always kept convos short and sweet. Since I first seen the person, I've found them very attractive, but despite wanting to, I never attempted to press forward because I firmly hold belief in the "don't mess where you eat" saying.

Come to find out this person will no longer be at this spot, so I'm all awesome go for it. Before getting to to that point, I ask why leaving. Person is moving very shortly, so now in my mind it's all hmmm what to do.

I go do my usual thing, and afterwards chat for a little bit, since they are leaving. This chat ended up lasting like ~1hr, and sometime in the middle of it I was told I don't normally give out my number and was asked if I wanted to get together before the person left. Said sure and we exchanged numbers.

I've never had this situation, so I don't know what to make of this. Obviously, don't know each other well, remembered my name after 1st meeting, wore a nice outfit the last day knowing I'd have 99% probability of being there. Would us getting together be considered a date? Should a kiss be involved if the feeling is there?

Very well intend to set something up with this person, shooting for Monday night. It's VD I know, but time is short. It would be nothing extravagant, but some sort of fun activity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 03:31 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,878,100 times
Talking depends on where you live

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnowhattodo View Post
Not of the Mike Sorrentino kind lol, but dunno what to think of this situtation. I pretty much have a routine where i stop @ this spot roughly a certain day/time every week. Seen/met/conversed with this person maybe 3x, 4x tops in the past 2 months. Always kept convos short and sweet. Since I first seen the person, I've found them very attractive, but despite wanting to, I never attempted to press forward because I firmly hold belief in the "don't mess where you eat" saying.

Come to find out this person will no longer be at this spot, so I'm all awesome go for it. Before getting to to that point, I ask why leaving. Person is moving very shortly, so now in my mind it's all hmmm what to do.

I go do my usual thing, and afterwards chat for a little bit, since they are leaving. This chat ended up lasting like ~1hr, and sometime in the middle of it I was told I don't normally give out my number and was asked if I wanted to get together before the person left. Said sure and we exchanged numbers.

I've never had this situation, so I don't know what to make of this. Obviously, don't know each other well, remembered my name after 1st meeting, wore a nice outfit the last day knowing I'd have 99% probability of being there. Would us getting together be considered a date? Should a kiss be involved if the feeling is there?

Very well intend to set something up with this person, shooting for Monday night. It's VD I know, but time is short. It would be nothing extravagant, but some sort of fun activity.
Depends on where you live.... Any restaurant on valentines will be very busy... Do you cook??? make them a dinner.. nice bottle of wine and that should be a great place to really talk and get to know each other.. hopefully they aren't moving too far and you can still date afterwards... don't forget the candles

Old 02-13-2011, 03:57 PM

2 posts, read 2,793 times
Not talking a couple miles. I think I'd drive a couple miles for this person, but I'm actually talking time zones, which is why I'm somewhat confused as to how to handle this situation. Person obviously is into me and wants to see me before leaving. I think they are expecting a "Date", but dunno if I should handle it like an outing with my brother, or like a date with touching and maybe a kiss, because I've never been in a situation where I've just met someone who wants to get together, but knows they are leaving.

Since this would be the 1st get together, I don't intend to do any typical extravagant VD thing like roses, dinner, etc. It could very well be the first and last time I see this person, but really hoping for another happens before leaving. If we do get together that night, at the most I'd probably go to the local store and just get a small stuffed VD animal and say "Happy VD, I just couldn't come empty handed on this day."

Old 02-13-2011, 04:04 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,142,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnowhattodo View Post

Whats with all the gender neutral stuff? You just about blow a gasket trying NOT to say he or she. Do you think that our answers will be different if we find out you are gay? LOL

Just ask "them" out and see where it goes. It could be start of a great romance, or a special friendship, or not! You'll never know until you try.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-13-2011, 05:09 PM

21,274 posts, read 6,349,625 times
Just do it and ask them out. That simple.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:16 PM

164 posts, read 211,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Whats with all the gender neutral stuff? You just about blow a gasket trying NOT to say he or she. Do you think that our answers will be different if we find out you are gay? LOL

Just ask "them" out and see where it goes. It could be start of a great romance, or a special friendship, or not! You'll never know until you try.

20yrsinBranson
Waw... didn't pick that up. Great job.

To OP: Dude... you could have said it from the start... we would have helped the same

Old 02-13-2011, 06:54 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,626,881 times
Good relationships are rare - if you're presented with the opportunity to enter one I would think it's worth the mileage on your vehicle to pursue it.

Go for it, and have a good time!

Old 02-13-2011, 07:04 PM

385 posts, read 859,421 times
"Not talking a couple miles. I think I'd drive a couple miles for this person, but I'm actually talking time zones"
Look, they can't be moving any farther then I am traveling to see my lady, which by the way is about 8,600 miles one way, soooo, get off you duff and go, jeeze, some peoples kids now a days.
you still here?, get!!!

Old 02-13-2011, 07:06 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,626,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsong View Post
"Not talking a couple miles. I think I'd drive a couple miles for this person, but I'm actually talking time zones"
Look, they can't be moving any farther then I am traveling to see my lady, which by the way is about 8,600 miles one way, soooo, get off you duff and go, jeeze, some peoples kids now a days.
you still here?, get!!!
That's either true love or insanity - pretty much the same thing, when you come to think of it.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:10 PM

385 posts, read 859,421 times
SifuPhil, I think it's a little of both, my lady tells me I'm crazy all the time =^__^=
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships