U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 07:11 PM

283 posts, read 869,333 times

Advertisements

When is the right time to go on vacation with someone new? when is the time right for this sort of thing and how do these trips usually turn out?

Last edited by msboom; 06-19-2009 at 07:24 PM.. Reason: post too long
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 07:19 PM

16,224 posts, read 23,587,238 times
I think you are over reacting. So what? He ask you to leave town with him. Enjoy it! Don`t read more into it, than what needs to be. I`m sure that he`s not going to ask you to marry him next week. Be cool, relax, and have fun! I mean, you ARE having sex with the guy!
How do the trips turn out? You both have a great time...period. lol

Old 06-19-2009, 07:21 PM

no, I did not think he was going to ask me to marry him, we are both not the marrying types. I just thought maybe this was too soon.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:23 PM

16,224 posts, read 23,587,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msboom View Post
no, I did not think he was going to ask me to marry him, we are both not the marrying types. I just thought maybe this was too soon.
Obviously not too soon hun, your having sex!

Old 06-20-2009, 09:37 AM

30,447 posts, read 36,848,788 times
Quote:
When is the right time to go on vacation with someone new? when is the time right for this sort of thing and how do these trips usually turn out?
What? No one can answer this for you. The timing of relationships is a very individual thing - different for every one. There is no "usual way" that they turn out.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:14 AM

10,503 posts, read 13,338,379 times
Quote:
Right after you are married with the first vacation usually being the honeymoon.

But then some people like to play dress up and house.

That was a pretty crummy answer. I am not trying to be a moralist here, when I was 20 I had the morals of an alley cat, but as a father to daughters my perspective today is totally different.

Playing house and vacations is great for guys but it almost always ends badly for the ladies.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:38 AM

496 posts, read 866,273 times
Heh. I went on a long weekend beach trip with the person who is now my fiance about 3 weeks after we started dating. Could've been disastrous. but we had a wonderful time... even though I even lost my wallet in a bathroom on the drive down! It stands out in both of our minds as one of those experiences that really crystallized our commitment, actually.

Now... if you don't think you'd enjoy being with him the whole time, you probably shouldn't go!

Old 06-20-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Right after you are married with the first vacation usually being the honeymoon.

But then some people like to play dress up and house.

That was a pretty crummy answer. I am not trying to be a moralist here, when I was 20 I had the morals of an alley cat, but as a father to daughters my perspective today is totally different.

Playing house and vacations is great for guys but it almost always ends badly for the ladies.
yeah , thats what my concern is, that it won't go well, too much, too soon. I want to get closer to him , not drive him away from too much togetherness. -or premature meeting of the family.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:31 AM

52 posts, read 129,824 times
You will know only once you go with him. Do not overthink, pack your bags and just go have fun.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:34 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,431,746 times
I wouldn't go away with someone until, at the very least, a full month has passed. I think it was about 5 weeks into our relationship before DH & I went away for our first weekend together. In our case, we already knew that this was "it", and we had gotten engaged the previous week.

I think in past relationships, (it was so long ago that I don't recall specifically) it was probably close to the 2 month mark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships