Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 11:12 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Only been knowing this woman for 3 weeks and this past week I had two situations that had me a little sad and I was talking to anyone. So the woman who sits next to me was showing so much concern when she saw how sad I was and asking me what's wrong and offered emotional support to make me feel better and it actually worked in both situations. Is she supposed to be doing this? Why was she so concerned that I was not feeling well and only been knowing me for 3 weeks?
could be she cares about you and making some else feel good in turn makes the you feel good

Old 06-20-2009, 11:16 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Oh grasshopper, so much in life is so odd to you ...
Exactly. How do you get to be his age and be so unaware of so much.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:17 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Whatever it is I would think she has more to be concerned about than my emotions.
Truth be told, she's probably not really all that concerned about your emotions. She was probably just being nice and courteous and you took it the wrong way and blew it out of proportion. Most people are not sitting at home pining away and worrying about you and your screwed up emotions.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:21 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Truth be told, she's probably not really all that concerned about your emotions. She was probably just being nice and courteous and you took it the wrong way and blew it out of proportion. Most people are not sitting at home pining away and worrying about you and your screwed up emotions.
Ok well it feels more than her just being nice but I will continue to monitor the situation. Also when I told her I was going to Atlantic City for my Birthday one of the first questions out of her mouth was

"are you staying over night?

Old 06-20-2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Ok well it feels more than her just being nice but I will continue to monitor the situation. Also when I told her I was going to Atlantic City for my Birthday one of the first questions out of her mouth was

Oh my goodness! That must mean she wants to spend the night with you!!! :roll eyes:

Old 06-20-2009, 11:22 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Exactly. How do you get to be his age and be so unaware of so much.
I've met several people over the years who are so self-obsessed that even the simplest demonstration of concern about their well being confuses them and makes them suspicious of the motivation. They seldom have a good word for anyone else and every subject that's raised is only fodder for them to turn the conversation around to themselves. Very sad.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
I've met several people over the years who are so self-obsessed that even the simplest demonstration of concern about their well being confuses them and makes them suspicious of the motivation. They seldom have a good word for anyone else and every subject that's raised is only fodder for them to turn the conversation around to themselves. Very sad.
You mean like the one a couple of posts up by our illustrious OP?

Old 06-20-2009, 11:26 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:

Yes, you'd best continue to monitor the situation as who knows where all this might lead. And it's definitely suspicious that she asked if you were staying overnight in Atlantic City - a dead give-away that something of a most devious nature is brewing. You should probably document everything that goes on so that if you have a report to file with HR you'll have everything to hand.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:30 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Yes, you'd best continue to monitor the situation as who knows where all this might lead. And it's definitely suspicious that she asked if you were staying overnight in Atlantic City - a dead give-away that something of a most devious nature is brewing. You should probably document everything that goes on so that if you have a report to file with HR you'll have everything to hand.
Good advice.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:

So .................... are you staying overnight?

We need to know. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships