Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 09:03 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times

Advertisements

Why? Why? Why?

First the most perfect boy friend I've ever met is gay and we can only be friends....and now:

I meet a straight guy who is sexy as hell. And so far, seems to be a really great catch. (Only flaw so far, he smokes - and yes he's hot enough that I'd rather talk him into quitting than move on) And of course this is a month before I'm moving to another State!

Why? Why? Why?

I just met him Tuesday...I guess it's too soon to talk him into moving with, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 09:12 AM

37,590 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Why? Why? Why?

First the most perfect boy friend I've ever met is gay and we can only be friends....and now:

I meet a straight guy who is sexy as hell. And so far, seems to be a really great catch. (Only flaw so far, he smokes - and yes he's hot enough that I'd rather talk him into quitting than move on) And of course this is a month before I'm moving to another State!

Why? Why? Why?

I just met him Tuesday...I guess it's too soon to talk him into moving with, huh?
It's also to soon to consider him a "great catch". Way too soon.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:12 AM

Location: I never said I was perfect so no refunds here sorry!
6,489 posts, read 7,178,879 times
Quote:
Why? Why? Why?

Why? Why? Why?

Possibly, but

Sometimes......yep once in a while if the sex is just to good men have been known to do just about anything....

Old 06-21-2009, 09:16 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
And so far, seems to be a really great catch. (Only flaw so far, he smokes - and yes he's hot enough that I'd rather talk him into quitting than move on)
Not to sound cold, but the truth is it wasn't gonna work out anyway since you plan to turn into another ttz (or whatever it was) from the get-go.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:18 AM

47 posts, read 234,356 times
seems like u get "sprung" quite easily and go by looks and looks alone. less shallow more depth and u'll find ur special person soon enough

Old 06-21-2009, 09:42 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Being hot doesn't necessarily translate into great boyfriend material, let alone great husband material. And never count on a smoker to quit for love. And you met him last Tuesday? Way too soon to say that he's a great guy to have a relationship with. And... if he's that amazing, why is he still single and available???

Use him for a couple of great rolls in the sack (after having him gargle with mouthwash), then move on and don't look back.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:18 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
It's also to soon to consider him a "great catch". Way too soon.
Yeah, she's sort of on CESpeed

Old 06-21-2009, 11:21 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
LOL...I don't think she was talking about marrying or stalking the guy, just that he might be someone she'd like to get to know better and the timing is just off.

There's more where he came from, Speedy.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:23 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,866,271 times
Quote:
Why? Why? Why? First the most perfect boy friend I've ever met is gay and we can only be friends....and now:
I meet a straight guy who is sexy as hell. And so far, seems to be a really great catch. (Only flaw so far, he smokes - and yes he's hot enough that I'd rather talk him into quitting than move on) And of course this is a month before I'm moving to another State! Why? Why? Why?
Look on the brighter side of this whole scenario..gay guys make awesome friends and they are the ultimate person to go clothes shopping with..trust me. I had a gay friend in high school and when he saw that no one was asking me to prom, he asked me to go with him. Now, this was years ago when gay people didn't openly admit they were gay. I had the best time ever and he helped me shop for my prom dress..it was awesome!

About this hot straight guy....cool your jets. I would definitely not ask him to move in as it is way too soon and who knows, there may be another hot guy living at your new location. Don't shut yourself off from the chances of meeting more people..not just yet. If you really like this guy and he likes you the same way, then try a long distance thing and see how that works.

Old 06-21-2009, 12:06 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Not to sound cold, but the truth is it wasn't gonna work out anyway since you plan to turn into another ttz (or whatever it was) from the get-go.
what is ttz?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships