Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 05:12 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Everyone....needs to know how to ride a bike!
Is that right?! Somehow I've made it through life without that all-important skill. I'm guessing I'll make it through my remaining years as well. Probably what saved me was the fact I did ride a tricycle after all!

The rest I've written about and don't feel like doing it. If I'm not mistaken, it might've been a thread of yours again, Chow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 05:30 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,892,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
This reminds me of something that my husband and I were talking about earlier. Our son doesn`t know how to ride a bike. He is 10. We have tried and tried to take him out, and teach him. I just don`t think the kid, cares about it, or wants to learn. I think its a little odd, that he doesn`t want to learn how to ride a bike. Everyone....needs to know how to ride a bike!
It was the summer when I was in fourth grade...one day I took my two-wheeled bicycle with training wheels from the garage, had my father take off the wheels, and for two whole days I did nothing but try and ride that bike up and down the street. I fell some, and skidded, and banged up my legs and knees and elbows, but by the end of the second day I could ride my bike without training wheels. I was the oddity. There were kids my age bragging they had learned to ride a two-wheeler in kindergarten.

So maybe one day soon your son will get the urge to be able to ride a bike.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:38 PM

52,242 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
It was the summer when I was in fourth grade...one day I took my two-wheeled bicycle with training wheels from the garage, had my father take off the wheels, and for two whole days I did nothing but try and ride that bike up and down the street. I fell some, and skidded, and banged up my legs and knees and elbows, but by the end of the second day I could ride my bike without training wheels. I was the oddity. There were kids my age bragging they had learned to ride a two-wheeler in kindergarten.

I was proud of myself for being able to ride a unicycle.

That was a MF to learn.

Now if I could just conquer juggling....

Old 06-21-2009, 05:43 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,892,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I was proud of myself for being able to ride a unicycle.

That was a MF to learn.

Now if I could just conquer juggling....
Good for you! There were kids who rode unicycles to my junior high school here. I had a classmate whose father owned a circus - the Big John Strong Circus. They kept a lot of their animals here in town for awhile, elephants, camels. My classmate could ride a unicycle and juggle at the same time. And he stood on his finger in Las Vegas.

Now I think he tours with Circus Vargas. I found him a couple of years ago on a circus website.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:45 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,673,901 times
I guess I reached the point early enough in life I really don't care anymore what people think, because I am certainly unconventional.

I think people believe others are more concerned about what they do then is actually the case. Mostly people are too caught up in their own lives to be sitting around worrying what sports you play or books you read or how you dress.

When it comes to me and relationships, I really don't care what people think either. Certainly I am one of those people always looking to make myself and my life better and more fulfilling however I'm not out to impress. Women can accept me for who I am or not, if they don't I don't waste another second on them.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:54 PM

I guess I should have clarified further. There seems to be a subtle tone that I'm not happy about not doing the "man" thing.

I'm completely comfortable in that I'm not conventional.

Not curled up the corner sucking my thumb.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:56 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
i am not on the marlboro man list.
but the ones i know are in the cemetary or going there soon.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:03 PM

19,423 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post

My oldest brother would hold on to the back of my bike while I was learning and absolutely promised he would not let go. You see it coming, right? Well, I'm riding happily along and I hear him calling to me from way back... I felt half betrayed and half exhilarated. No wonder I don't trust anyone...

So, I don't know, maybe you're better off, sierra.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:03 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,451,800 times
Oh I am totally not normal. Who in their right mind would up and move at 31 across the pond, alone, and cease to speak their own language completely.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Oh I am totally not normal. Who in their right mind would up and move at 31 across the pond, alone, and cease to speak their own language completely.
That takes a real set to do that...

More power to you.

I've always felt like I wanted to go to live in Europe.

Scared of the language thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships