Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 07:22 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,653,355 times

Advertisements

If they lived in a huge house-yes
Small 2 bedroom apartment-no

If he was caring for an elderly or sick mother-yes
If he was doing it to save money-no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 07:25 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,526,497 times
I have mixed emotions about this topic. It's hard for some people out there who are trying to make it I know famalies who have pulled together & moved into one big house because its just not easy out there anymore.
I still would like to know why it's ok for women to live with thier mom & not men though. Whats the difference?

Old 05-16-2012, 07:27 PM

733 posts, read 1,663,418 times
How is that different than, say, if he has a roommate? We could all agree that having a roommate when you are young, single and saving money is understandable.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:32 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautifulbrwnbabydoll View Post
I was really upset with her about this, and i wonder how many women think like this! If it were me and I saw that they guy had goals and was working toward something I would give him a shot. She won't even give the guy the time of day based on one temporary situation. IMO, it's a shame and I am starting to feel sorry for some of the guys out here that can't even get a chance to be with someone unless they are totally perfect. She is a total B#$%h!!
The best man I ever dated was living with his mother when I met him. He had gone through a divorce, and was just there temporarily until he got himself squared away, which he did.

I would say it would depend on the circumstances. Younger people in there early 20's, i wouldnt find that odd at all if they lived at home. A man in my exe's situation, I wouldnt find odd as long as it was temporary. If a guy was 40 yrs old and live with mom and had NEVER lived away from home, I would find that weird, and wouldnt be interested.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:21 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,272,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautifulbrwnbabydoll View Post
I have been trying to set my good friend up with a guy that I know. He is a really nice guy, He is good looking with a terrific body, he does not have children, he does not do drugs, and he has a job and college experience. The only thing is that right now he lives with his mom. He moved in with his mom to save some money and he is working towards moving out.

So I told her all of this, and she said it was o.k. for him to call her, and he called her the day before yesterday. When I talked to her about him today, I asked her was she going to call him back, and she said she was, but I could tell in her voice that she really didn't want to. To make a long story short, I asked her why she didn't want to call him, and she said that it's cause he lives with his mom...and basically he is beneath her.

I was really upset with her about this, and i wonder how many women think like this! If it were me and I saw that they guy had goals and was working toward something I would give him a shot. She won't even give the guy the time of day based on one temporary situation. IMO, it's a shame and I am starting to feel sorry for some of the guys out here that can't even get a chance to be with someone unless they are totally perfect. She is a total B#$%h!!
Wow man...she's your "good friend" when you're setting her up......but she's a "B#$%h if she's not interested?

Old 05-17-2012, 09:27 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,299,494 times
A guy living with his mother is the equivalent of a single girl trying to date with a kid. Think its about equal. Some people will overlook it and some wont.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:27 AM

67 posts, read 112,856 times
Probably not, it's bad enough I rent my apartment from family. I like a nice man cave.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:32 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,035,584 times
If it was my man and his mother? No way.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:47 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,922 times
I wouldn't have a problem with this scenario at all. I lived with my parents for a little while after college and I lived with them after I got a divorce. Both times it was temporary and no guys I dated had any problem with it. I dated a guy for about 5 months who lived with his parents. He was gainfully employed and working to save up money. There's a big difference between someone who works and is living at home to save money or get back on their feet and some 45 year old guy who lives in his mom's basement and plays video games all day.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:37 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,118,729 times
No, I wouldn't. I happen to think guys should move out much sooner than women. By 20-21 years old they should be living on their own. A lot of the men on here are selling some good stories, about how they make 6 figures yet still live at home. yeah sure ::rolls eyes:: I don't know any adult who has that much money who wouldn't want to live on their own and enjoy their freedom. Nobody wants to date a momma's boy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships