Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 04:44 PM
Ep- Ep- started this thread

2,080 posts, read 4,168,630 times

Advertisements

Little backstory -

Met a girl and we've been going out for 6 weeks now. I like her a lot, but the problem is she's usually tired! If we do stuff after we both get off work she never wants to stay out long because she has a set bedtime for herself. I'm more of the type that will stay up super late if I'm with good company. She seems really focused and drained from her job, but she works a desk job for 40 hours a week with no OT. She gets plenty of sleep so I'm confused as to why she's always tired.

One weekend she had to stay with her sick grandma, another she had to work a little over the weekend and didn't want to do anything. Last weekend she went to stay with her dad for fathers day. This weekend she might have to take a coworkers shift. So this week again I'm stuck seeing her once for probably 2-3 hours after work one night.

She seems really into me, but the weeks where I barely see her suck. I don't expect to be #1 in someone's life this early on, but I kind of think she could pen me in for more then 2-3 hours a week sometimes.

So on to the question! I don't really want to break it off with her since she's a cool person and we get along great, but at the same time I kind of want to see want to play the field and see if there's someone better suited for me. We haven't done anything beyond making out. When are two people considered "exclusive"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 04:45 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
I consider that the relationship is exclusive from the first time she asks me out.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:56 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,538,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I consider that the relationship is exclusive from the first time she asks me out.
Are you serious?

To the OP, I think it is a decision you make together. You both have to want the same thing.

She may not be compatible with you long term. You know this about her now, it wouldn't be wise to go into it thinking it will change down the road. I say keep looking.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:56 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,023,591 times
Maybe she needs to eat a proper diet, take vitamins and get some exercise. No reason a young person should be so worn out from basically doing nothing.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:58 PM

416 posts, read 407,471 times
Or shes worn out because shes seeing other guys, also hence the time away a lot.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:02 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Are you serious?

To the OP, I think it is a decision you make together. You both have to want the same thing.

She may not be compatible with you long term. You know this about her now, it wouldn't be wise to go into it thinking it will change down the road. I say keep looking.
Yep. From the first date, I present to her someone who isn't seeing anyone else. And wouldn't do so. Totally opposed to "cheating" and don't believe in FWB types of deals.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:03 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,780,328 times
exclusive when both people agree that it is exclusive...there is one exception though, most women will implicitly believe that the relationship is exclusive when you sleep with them.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:09 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,929,154 times
You're too funny.

And to answer the OP: Never. It seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Maybe she needs to eat a proper diet, take vitamins and get some exercise. No reason a young person should be so worn out from basically doing nothing.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:10 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,929,154 times
You have to take the person's word for it though. So you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
exclusive when both people agree that it is exclusive...there is one exception though, most women will implicitly believe that the relationship is exclusive when you sleep with them.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:13 PM

111 posts, read 316,295 times
Let me apologize first if I am incorrect, but from what you say, I think she is not really into you....my suggestion is Do go out on other dates, never know what is out there for you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships