Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 08:04 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
You've read his posts, Artsy........do you really think this guy has any friends?
Good point.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:12 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,850 times

Old 06-22-2009, 09:07 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,433,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
You've read his posts, Artsy........do you really think this guy has any friends?
Whats wrong with his posts? The guy is being brutally honest... nothing wrong with that.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:09 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Whats wrong with his posts? The guy is being brutally honest... nothing wrong with that.
Um, yeah ..... like we said - read his posts.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:23 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I believe everybody is where they are at for reasons a lot of times outside of our control....if he has friends maybe they are like him.

It's like in high school the nerdy weird obese dungeon and dragon kid that everybody thought had no friends actually had his dungeons and dragons pals to chill with on weekends. So there you go.

So, I point out some double standards about one of the sexes in regards to relationships on a FORUM DEDICATED TO RELATIONSHIPS and that makes me an insane, nerdy, weirdo who needs a shrink?

Things that make you go "hmmm"

Old 06-22-2009, 09:24 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
You completely missed the point. The point is that other people might see you as not deserving friends but in reality that isn't true. People that are friends have common interests. I'm defending your side here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
So, I point out some double standards about one of the sexes in regards to relationships on a FORUM DEDICATED TO RELATIONSHIPS and that makes me an insane, nerdy, weirdo who needs a shrink?

Things that make you go "hmmm"

Old 06-22-2009, 09:29 PM

455 posts, read 1,017,972 times
Quote:
I have seen A TON of post on double standards that go against women. Well, What are the double standards that go against MEN?

The ones I can think of off the top of my head are...

Why is it that if a man wants to sleep with a woman and she says "I barely know you, let's give it some time" she's being prudent, a tease, classy etc...if a man says "let's give it some time, we hardly know eachother" then he's GAY, INSANE, SOMETHING WRONG WITH HIM etc. ?

Why is it that a man says he'll never go out with an obese woman, he's called shallow...but a woman says she'll never go out with a man her height or a little shorter, and she's...well...normal and not called shallow?

Why is it that a husband who doesn't have custody misses one child support payment, and he's a "dead beat dad" and it's "male society's fault" that he isn't paying...but a woman who doesn't have custody NEVER MAKES A CHILD SUPPORT PAYMENT EVER and it's "you pooooor thing, unable to give money to your children" and it's also "male society's fault"?

Why is it that a woman has multiple female sex partners in college, gets drunk and makes out with women at bars, but get married and has kids, and she is considered 100% straight BUT, if a man just fooled around (no intercourse involved) with one boy one time back in Highschool and gets married and has kids later on...he is still considered 100% gay at age 30?

If a man sleeps with a woman who's so drunk that she can barely stand, the police are called, and it's "date rape"

BUT

A woman sleeps with a man who's so drunk that he can barely stand and the police are called...the police hand up the phone and laugh and everyone shrugs and says "hey, man, you scored!"

A man does something to a woman to make her cry, she is "in need of a hug" and "what an awful man he is!"

BUT

A woman does something to make a man cry, and he is "in need of a slap!" and, also, "what an awful man he is!"

A woman goes without a boyfriend for awhile and doesn't mind it, they called her "liberated" and "independent"

BUT

A man goes without a girlfriend for while and doesn't mind it, they call him "looser" and "dork"

A woman proclaims that she does not need a man in her life, and she is "a strong, independent woman"

BUT

A man proclaims that he does not need a woman in his life, and he is a "male chauvinist pig!"
It is official. You are a troll. I think you get a kick out of coming up with emotion-driven illogical drivel for arguments.

However, if you are being genuine, I would like to assure you that most of these double standards you listed don't exist in the world I live in, nor the world most of us live in. The only one where you have a slight point is men as parents in the eyes of the court system.

It appears you have turned your dissatisfaction with being rejected/ignored by women into a very misogynist attitude. You are blinded by your anger/sadness, and do not have a clear view of reality.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:31 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,975,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Great points victorianpunk!

I'm only 29 but I yearn for the days when men were men.....and women were women (and women wanted to be treated like women)

Seems this day and age if you are a guy and show any sort of emotion (other than aggression) you are labeled a sissy or ****y. And treating women like ladies??? Forget about it. Arrogance and aggression is in.

THANK YOU, INTERPOL!

I mean, if a man has emotions he is labeled "an emo kid" or something and it isn't fair. Granted, one should not let their emotions control them, be they anger, sadness, etc, but it truly is a depressing time when a man can't even cry because what he thought was the love of his life dumped him without being called "a sissy".

That is at the heart of so many double standards that go against men. If a man is ruled by anything but a mindless, over active libido and blind anger, there is something wrong with him. I mean, the one poster who actually said something about the substance of my OP (while the rest just attacked me personally in a very inmature manner worthy of eighth grade) said that a man telling a woman he was "not ready for sex" would most likely never happen...why is that?

I am a male, and I do dream of at least once having an intimate relationship with a woman, but I do not want to sleep with someone after knowing them for two weeks and actually look forward to just looking into her eyes on a rainy day more then I do "getting laid"...

and now, a bunch of posters are going to say the above is further proof that I need to seek professional help.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:35 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
We didn't need proof that you need professional help, but whether you post or don't post, we still hold the belief that you are seriously in need of professional help.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:37 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,449,299 times
Quote:
I am a male, and I do dream of at least once having an intimate relationship with a woman, but I do not want to sleep with someone after knowing them for two weeks and actually look forward to just looking into her eyes on a rainy day more then I do "getting laid"...
Well, it's nice to know that you actually would like to have a female company... But you also need to understand that a female will sense the misogyny creeping out of your pores.... As long as you keep going like this, the female company will be - a dream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships