Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 05:03 PM

1,639 posts, read 5,099,126 times

Advertisements

FYI, I was one of those guys who recommended he seek out the PUA sites but I honestly regret doing it because he seems to be more interested in arguing with people than actually meeting women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 07:05 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,575 times
Bars are what they are...its like a baseball field or a football field..its only to be used to play games and nothing serious...with that being said..i love the bars, if you know that at end of the night you wont find anything serious or in my case i am not looking for anything serious (im 23), the bars are great place to met chicks and have a good time...

Old 06-23-2009, 07:32 PM

904 posts, read 2,872,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
Does anyone get this feeling?

That whenever someone complains about hating the bar scene because all the girls are "floozies" and "phonies" and "bimboes" and "bar-skanks," that they're really just too ashamed to admit they don't know how to meet new people at bars?

I've met guys like this before, and I get the feeling that if they COULD meet a new woman every time they went out to the bar, they wouldn't hate it so much.
To a certain extent (full disclosure: I've said that before. I'm terrible at meeting people in bars...well, I really don't try much).

I think the real reason the bar scene doesn't work for most people - or at least most people who are looking for a relationship - is not that most girls in bars are floozies, or bimbos, or phonies, or skanks. That's just not true. It's more the random nature of bars. Bars are a sort-of forced interaction. There's really nothing - not a common interest, not a friend, nothing - that brings people in bars together aside from the fact that they drink. Seeing as most people drink, this is not much of a sorting mechanism, really.

People are more likely to get on well with people they meet in activity clubs, or at work, or in school, or through friends, because those groups are more self-selected according to values. Two people who share a common interest, or do the same job, or have the same friends, are far more likely to be similar than two people who just happen to be in a given bar on a Saturday night. That's why the bar scene rarely works.

Old 07-02-2009, 03:57 PM

543 posts, read 999,616 times
doesn't people realize that bars aren't meant for creating relationships?!

They're for flings and hook ups. Nothing else.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:03 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
Nightclubs also are for dancing and making new buddies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_jay26 View Post
doesn't people realize that bars aren't meant for creating relationships?!

They're for flings and hook ups. Nothing else.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:58 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
I was gonna say something too, but then I saw the number of controversial posts in here and decided that nobody would read mine anyway. Ha! But here I go again, anyway.

Cy, you will probably find low quality people no matter where you go.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:06 PM

156 posts, read 558,473 times
to be real, most women in the club scene are only concerned with social status. your degree of wealth, fame and power, realistically that's all it boils down too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Jeezy
F*ck the Club Dawg, I'd rather make a million bucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Cent
You hustlin backwards if you chasin a b*tch
chase the paper, they come with the sh*t

Old 09-05-2009, 08:19 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanosphere View Post
Does anyone get this feeling?

That whenever someone complains about hating the bar scene because all the girls are "floozies" and "phonies" and "bimboes" and "bar-skanks," that they're really just too ashamed to admit they don't know how to meet new people at bars?

I've met guys like this before, and I get the feeling that if they COULD meet a new woman every time they went out to the bar, they wouldn't hate it so much.
I don't know that I would ever aspire to be an expert on how to find love or meet people in a bar.

Old 09-06-2009, 12:36 AM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Default The first girl is the hardest

You just need to get that first girl and make sure she has lots of older brothers. When you want to move on, go to the family picnic and tell them the bad news and let them know you were only using her for sex. Count the days you are in the hospital. That is around the number of times you need to be asking girls out to find the next one. This is your guide.

OK I was a little unusual because I did go celibate in my 20s but I did still go to dance clubs for awhile. There were some nights not one girl would dance with me. I counted 10 once. It was a good way to work the fear out of your system and just start meeting people. That's all they ever did for me. There were some confused girls though who sometime thought me wanting to dance with them meant I wanted to have sex. I certainly did in some ways but I had my reasons of faith.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:04 AM

14,108 posts, read 2,773,388 times
When I did drink & do the bar scene...some nights were to get drunk, some to get drunk & pick me up someone to fulfill my loneliness....Then I sobered up & realized how much I can't stand bars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships