Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 01:08 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times

Advertisements

Last week i was at a bar with my friends and ended up making out with my best friends wifes best friend,we were pretty drunk went back to my friend and his wifes house and made out and slept together[no sex]

I knew thsi girl for years and thought she was cool but she always had a boyfriend who she broke up with about 5 or 6 months ago

We exchanged numbers and i called her later in the week to tell her i enjoyed the night and would like to hang out with her sometime.. she then texted me bacK how she was really wasted but how im a great guy but shes in a bad place in her life and doesnt want to drag someobdy in her life and hurt them..

I saw her for the first time after the incident at my friends house the other day and it just seemed awkward maybe it was just me but i felt it

My question is should i have read the situation better as just a drunken encounter where maybe she has some slight feelings for me physically and or mentally that was accelrated by alcohol and not even told her i liked her?

Only because im connected to this girl through that couple and have to see her allot and i probably made it akward for her by having to reject me and me for being rejected and feeling weird around her..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 01:15 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times
This is why I say never break the golden rule.

Don't **** where you eat.

Makes for uncomfortable drama.

Nothing you can do now but resume your normal behaviour prior to the incident asap.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
This is why I say never break the golden rule.

Don't **** where you eat.

Makes for uncomfortable drama.

Nothing you can do now but resume your normal behaviour prior to the incident asap.
Yep,thast why i was always lerry of this happening even though shes a cool and pretty girl,but she pretty much intitiated it and we were both drunk so it was hard for me to just say no im only human..

I just hopes the awkardness leaves..On my end at least maybe she has no problems i dont know..

Old 06-23-2009, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Yep,thast why i was always lerry of this happening even though shes a cool and pretty girl,but she pretty much intitiated it and we were both drunk so it was hard for me to just say no im only human..

I just hopes the awkardness leaves..On my end at least maybe she has no problems i dont know..
It will. Just gotta stick to the original game plan.

If it looks like there's gonna be alcohol involved again I'd probably get myself out of there just in case.

I don't think doing it is bad, I mean it happens, but if she's not keen on taking it further and you both still want to see your friends, you're going to have to suck it up and just go back to the way things were before.

She probably felt awkward too, but it'll pass.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
It will. Just gotta stick to the original game plan.

If it looks like there's gonna be alcohol involved again I'd probably get myself out of there just in case.

I don't think doing it is bad, I mean it happens, but if she's not keen on taking it further and you both still want to see your friends, you're going to have to suck it up and just go back to the way things were before.

She probably felt awkward too, but it'll pass.

Thanks,yeah the funny part is i saw her briefly over the weekend at my friends and she did a shot a tequilla and asked everyone including myself if we wanted to do a shot..Id think shed want to stay away from that near me as much as possible especially right after it happened

We never actually talked about the incident it was just texting,should i next time i see her ask to speak to her alone and say litsen lets break the ice,im not bitter and i hope youre not mad lets be cool with each other like we were before this happened or should i not mention anything and just try to brign normalcy by my actions??

Old 06-23-2009, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Thanks,yeah the funny part is i saw her briefly over the weekend at my friends and she did a shot a tequilla and asked everyone including myself if we wanted to do a shot..Id think shed want to stay away from that near me as much as possible especially right after it happened.
hmmm ...sounds a bit like maybe she's hoping you'll ignore what she's said and go for it again. Tricky. I'd be very careful if I were you. You like her as you said and it's sounding like she's not very certain of where she's at so you're going to have to be super careful for both of you as far as I can see. It sounds like she's very up in the air emotionally and you really don't need to get caught up in that mess. Just do your best to respect what she has said and give it some time.

Quote:
We never actually talked about the incident it was just texting,should i next time i see her ask to speak to her alone and say litsen lets break the ice,im not bitter and i hope youre not mad lets be cool with each other like we were before this happened or should i not mention anything and just try to brign normalcy by my actions??
I think if you do say anything it needs to be really light hearted and casual but consistent. It's hard to know because I don't know her and only have what you're saying to go by but my instinct would be to just not mention anything and bring the normalacy through your actions. You've done the right thing in texting, she's rejected that offer, so as far as I can see the ball really is in her court. She needs to be the one to make the next move. Just try to go back to normal and if you're in a situation where you're alone together AND it seems the situation calls for you to say something then I'd go with the light hearted and casual and just say that you're cool and you hope she is too.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:59 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
I agree with Moon!

Old 06-23-2009, 06:32 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Say something to make her laugh. I guarantee you, the awkward feeling will disappear.

Old 06-23-2009, 06:33 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
What Julia said.

Drunken encounters are often just that. If you are looking for more, then it's probably best to avoid such situations. And you probably already know that, now. But good luck, just the same. You never know...she might just need some time to sort things out. But you keep on keeping on...okay?

Old 06-23-2009, 07:07 AM

857 posts, read 1,422,918 times
Quote:
It depends on what YOU want. If you really like this girl and think there is something possibly there then yes it would be best to talk about it and at least know where she stands. If you would rather just be friends again its best to pretend it never happened and just try and act like you did before the incident. The worst thing you can do is have feelings for this girl and just keep them bottled up b/c eventually you are going to let it out, most likely in an awkward drunken situation, and nobody wants that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships