U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-25-2009, 09:18 AM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,660 posts, read 36,678,491 times
Reputation: 11780

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post
Anyone who is as adamant as many of you seem to me, tells me something about you.

What, pray tell, does it tell? I can't wait to hear this.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 06-25-2009, 09:30 AM
 
491 posts, read 893,295 times
Reputation: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
What, pray tell, does it tell? I can't wait to hear this.
That you are uptight, and that you are quite worried about how you're being perceived. You blame this on your ethnicity/culture, which may very well be true, although it's not an excuse. One enlightening thing about being gay is that you learn, first hand, what social construction is. You learn things simply aren't black and white, and you are able to identify behaviors and tendencies in others that speak to their mindset.

Frankly, there is nothing in hell that would ever convince me that you've never found another man attractive, or that there isn't a man you'd jokingly go "gay" for. I know a front when I see one, and yours is pretty obvious, as are most of the others here. The people who actually contributed to the thread are the honest, comfortable ones. You, on the other hand, have something to prove, or to hold on to, and this thread takes you out of that comfort zone.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-25-2009, 09:39 AM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,660 posts, read 36,678,491 times
Reputation: 11780
[quote=godsavethequeens;9459246]
Quote:
That you are uptight,
Hardly.

Quote:
and that you are quite worried about how you're being perceived.
Actually, IDGAF how I'm perceived, at least by you.

Quote:
You blame this on your ethnicity/culture, which may very well be true, although it's not an excuse.
I have joked about that - I do come from very homophobic cultures, but I am not that way.


Quote:
One enlightening thing about being gay is that you learn, first hand, what social construction is. You learn things simply aren't black and white, and you are able to identify behaviors and tendencies in others that speak to their mindset.
I have lots of gay friends and relatives. Some love the fact that they are gay, and they celebrate it. Some can't stand it, and want it to go away. I support the first approach. I want gays to feel comfortable being what and who they are. I, on the other hand, am straight, and love it, and feel no confusion or conflict about that.

Quote:

Frankly, there is nothing in hell that would ever convince me that you've never found another man attractive, or that there isn't a man you'd jokingly go "gay" for.

Again, IDGAF what you think. You'll just have to take my word for it.


Quote:
I know a front when I see one, and yours is pretty obvious, as are most of the others here. The people who actually contributed to the thread are the honest, comfortable ones. You, on the other hand, have something to prove, or to hold on to, and this thread takes you out of that comfort zone.
If this thread really took me out of any comfort zone, I wouldn't be posting on it. I'd be too scared, uncomfortable, etc., to waste my time and words. You are simply a narrow-minded person who can't see anything except for what you want to see. Free your mind, reina.......


BTW...........your gaydar is way off............
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-25-2009, 09:45 AM
 
491 posts, read 893,295 times
Reputation: 147
[quote=Sunil's Dad;9459370]
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post

Hardly.



Actually, IDGAF how I'm perceived, at least by you.



I have joked about that - I do come from very homophobic cultures, but I am not that way.




I have lots of gay friends and relatives. Some love the fact that they are gay, and they celebrate it. Some can't stand it, and want it to go away. I support the first approach. I want gays to feel comfortable being what and who they are. I, on the other hand, am straight, and love it, and feel no confusion or conflict about that.




Again, IDGAF what you think. You'll just have to take my word for it.




If this thread really took me out of any comfort zone, I wouldn't be posting on it. I'd be too scared, uncomfortable, etc., to waste my time and words. You are simply a narrow-minded person who can't see anything except for what you want to see. Free your mind, reina.......


BTW...........your gaydar is way off............
The obvious hostility, the flaring accusations, the insults...yep, I was right.

BTW, I never said anything about you being gay, nor did I imply it, because I don't think you are. There is no need to throw a tantrum.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-25-2009, 09:47 AM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,660 posts, read 36,678,491 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post

The obvious hostility, the flaring accusations, the insults...yep, I was right.

BTW, I never said anything about you being gay, nor did I imply it, because I don't think you are. There is no need to throw a tantrum.
Never seen someone throw a tantrum with smiles. No hostility. No insults. Just simple statements of fact.

So tell me what you really mean, since I'm not evolved enough to understand your subtleties............

What are you right about?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-25-2009, 09:57 AM
 
491 posts, read 893,295 times
Reputation: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Never seen someone throw a tantrum with smiles. No hostility. No insults. Just simple statements of fact.

So tell me what you really mean, since I'm not evolved enough to understand your subtleties............

What are you right about?
You were swearing profusely at me. Inserting a "" doesn't take away from that, or mitigate your hostile intentions.

I feel I was right about post #42.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-25-2009, 10:00 AM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,660 posts, read 36,678,491 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post
You were swearing profusely at me. Inserting a "" doesn't take away from that, or mitigate your hostile intentions.
If you think that is swearing profusely, you've never encountered swearing. You need to get out more.


Quote:
I feel I was right about post #42.
I really hate to repeat myself.........
Rate this post positively
 
Old 06-25-2009, 10:07 AM
 
491 posts, read 893,295 times
Reputation: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
If you think that is swearing profusely, you've never encountered swearing. You need to get out more.




I really hate to repeat myself.........
OK then, no worries. We can leave it at that.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-06-2009, 01:27 AM
 
Location: NEW YORK
8 posts, read 14,849 times
Reputation: 15
well im already gay so id turn straight for
jeff hardy http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2363/...5882a94094.jpg
or
david boreanaz david boreanaz - Google Images

if i wer straight n had to go gay 4 one female it would be Ashley Massaro ashley massaro - Google Images
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-06-2009, 05:13 AM
 
Location: lala land
1,581 posts, read 3,134,655 times
Reputation: 1083
Jennifer Connelly. She is so naturally beautiful but seems very down to earth at the same time.


Last edited by AllAboutEve; 08-06-2009 at 05:37 AM..
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:35 PM.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top