Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 11:22 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,930,847 times

Advertisements

My parents do the same thing because of my father's snoring and my mother's kicking while sleeping. No, you're not strange! They've been happily married for almost 40 years now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 11:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
this is personal stuff, but what you do is far more honest than forcing a man to sleep with you for years and refusing to have sex with him.
many women do this for fear friends will talk about them. holding him to the appearance of a vow which she broke years ago is cruel, many do it.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:29 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,006 times
Default Sleeping Apart, Is It Healthy?

More Couples Sleeping Apart: Is This Healthy? - Healthy Living on Shine

My wife and I travel alot, so we do sleep apart on occasion, but what about when your at home. Anyone do this on a regular basis?

Old 08-02-2010, 10:31 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
My wife and I travel alot, so we do sleep apart on occasion, but what about when your at home. Anyone do this on a regular basis?
It's not my preference, but I had to do it once because the man snored too much.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It's not my preference, but I had to do it once because the man snored too much.

Yeah, I have had to get up once or twice myself and move to the couch. If I've been a bad boy then another bedroom

Old 08-02-2010, 10:48 PM

395 posts, read 1,540,798 times
Well my Mom and Dad sleep apart, but then Mom is 73 and snores like a chainsaw. Dad is in his eighties and decided several years ago to get his own room in their house. Mom has always snored like that so I really do not know why it took him so long to get his own room.

My hubby and I actually considered getting twin beds for our bedroom and just keeping them pushed together with one comforter. That way when one of us gets sick we are not stuck sleeping on the sofa. We can just push the beds apart instead. We never got the beds though as we were given a nice mattress set for free. I know that my hubby would be heartbroken if I ever seriously wanted my own room to sleep in, so I'll never do it as long as we have no major issues (like snoring loudly).

Old 08-02-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridamom1970 View Post
Well my Mom and Dad sleep apart, but then Mom is 73 and snores like a chainsaw. Dad is in his eighties and decided several years ago to get his own room in their house. Mom has always snored like that so I really do not know why it took him so long to get his own room.

My hubby and I actually considered getting twin beds for our bedroom and just keeping them pushed together with one comforter. That way when one of us gets sick we are not stuck sleeping on the sofa. We can just push the beds apart instead. We never got the beds though as we were given a nice mattress set for free. I know that my hubby would be heartbroken if I ever seriously wanted my own room to sleep in, so I'll never do it as long as we have no major issues (like snoring loudly).

That sounds just like my great grandparents. They had twin beds, but then he moved to another bedroom when she snored too loudly. My grandmother told me though, that the walkway between them was used quite a bit

Old 08-02-2010, 11:34 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,995,442 times
My parents have been sleeping apart for like the past 15+ years (as far as I can remember). According to my mom, my dad snores WAY too loud!

Old 08-03-2010, 08:28 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,507 times
Absolutely not. IF I ever get married again, there will most likely be a spare bedroom I can resort to sometimes simply b/c sometimes I like to sleep alone - all sprawled out, no distractions and touching no one. But, that's just me!

Old 08-03-2010, 08:38 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
A thunderstorm woke us up last night. It was nice to be able to curl around him and go back to sleep. I don't want my own room!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships