Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 01:42 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,682,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
No...Again, your own. There are been many that make the SAME arguement. They're better looking, better in bed, etc..
Again, that's not what the criticism was about. If you don't understand that, then there is certainly no point to any further discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 01:44 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,682,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
That's exactly it, you can't produce much of any where they get slammed for those personal choices, because women usually don't get slammed for them.
That's hilarious. Women get slammed for their personal choices here all the time. You have seen the thread about the plight of vertically challenged men, haven't you?

Old 06-25-2009, 01:49 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,188,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
That's hilarious. Women get slammed for their personal choices here all the time. You have seen the thread about the plight of vertically challenged men, haven't you?
I didn't read most of it, as it was the usual ranting by those with a skewed perception of their own plights. But, yes, I did overall, if you're referring to VP's I think it was.

And they were slamming back, saying it usually had little bearing, which is true normally. BUT they still had the preference for the majority, they just conceded it didn't always work out that way.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:52 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,188,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Again, that's not what the criticism was about. If you don't understand that, then there is certainly no point to any further discussion.
Yes it was, it was about shallowness being the main factor behind who you have a preference dating, in this case age. That was certainly the criticism of the OP from what I've seen so far.

Blow it off again all you'd like.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:35 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Gerard Depardieu recently floored an early 20s French babe

That fat old ba$$$tard
You mean 'rich'? When a man (or woman, for that matter) has enough money, they can be as ugly as they want. And Depardieu is pretty damn ugly.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:43 PM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
You mean 'rich'? When a man (or woman, for that matter) has enough money, they can be as ugly as they want. And Depardieu is pretty damn ugly.
Most of the gals you see with MUCH OLDER guys like that are basically ho's. Some dig the older guys but many are trying to boost their modeling\acting career with publicity and connections, get some cash, win the paternity lottery etc.

Some of those guys are just fascinating and extremely cool and women are less hung up on looks typically.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:55 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwv View Post
No, I'd say a sophisticated 30s woman is equal to a plain 20-something. This is a gross simplification but conveys the underlying point.
You're right.

It's gross.

And your simple.

The underlying point that has been conveyed isn't the one that you had intended.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:00 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwv View Post
I'm not "shallow"...

If I were seeking a long term relationship I would care more about personality and character but for now I only do short-term dating and casual affairs with sex being the primary motif.
Gotcha.

You're not shallow, you're just looking for young women with whom to have sex, so you have no interest in their character or personality.

Thanks for clearing that up for us.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:03 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Youth itself is attractive and, as I've said before, we tend to match up with people who have as much, in the way of being a 1-10 as we do. You have lowered your standards because you have aged and aren't as highly rated as you once were.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:23 PM
mwv mwv started this thread

207 posts, read 673,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Youth itself is attractive and, as I've said before, we tend to match up with people who have as much, in the way of being a 1-10 as we do. You have lowered your standards because you have aged and aren't as highly rated as you once were.
Youth in absolute terms isn't attractive in men to most women, which is why they tend to seek men who are a bit older.

If you'd read my post again you might comprehend that I wrote: I've raised my standards for women around my own age and (in a sense) lowered them for younger women.

Again, what I write is not some rational analysis about what's fair or right by some arbitrary standard of propriety - it's what I've observed within myself through introspection that strikes my sentimental appeal, what I find attractive.

A few other men have chimed in with similar experiences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships