Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 03:54 PM

752 posts, read 2,085,370 times

Advertisements

So I have an account with match.com and under the advice of Rachel Greenwald (author of find a Husband after 35-great book) I wanted to take a peek at women's profiles on that site. Decided to try different regions. It was interesting to note that the women in New York are very highly educated, successful, attractive and sophisticated, yet ALL of them had never been married and some were into their late 30s. Chicago women are about the same way. I think Yankee women really have a lot to offer. It seems like women in Georgia who have much less to offer (by comparison) get all the men. (I don't mean that Southern women have nothing to offer-they can sure cook and "flirt" good-I just mean that NY women were unsurpassed.) If you don't believe me, why is it that the average dumpy woman in a muu-muu at the supermarket in the "Southern world"-always has a wedding ring on? I feel bad for single women in big cities. How can they have so much to offer and be so unable to find a mate? They also check "definetely" and "someday" under "want kids?" Sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 04:06 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,998,362 times
Those women on the sites you're talking about represent a small percentage of NY women, just as the southern women in muu-muus represent a small percentage.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:45 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,170,220 times
If I've said this once, I've said it a thousand times...the men around here don't want real relationships, they just want to fu**, and the women want more, so we're all at an impasse, as it were.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:33 PM

37,585 posts, read 45,944,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Those women on the sites you're talking about represent a small percentage of NY women, just as the southern women in muu-muus represent a small percentage.
Exactly.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:35 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,556 times
UGH.. I highly doubt 100% of single women in NY are on match.com. With that said I highly doubt the women you found on match.com are indeed women.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:55 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,448,771 times
Baby! That's why "Sex and the City"! Candace Bushnell's real life problems.

Seriously, there is such a high concentration of smart, highly-educated, looking-after-themselves women in major cities like NYC, Boston, Chicago - all the guys who are looking should go there.

And I'm speaking from experience. It took me removing myself from Boston, to finally meet someone.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:05 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,188,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Baby! That's why "Sex and the City"! Candace Bushnell's real life problems.

Seriously, there is such a high concentration of smart, highly-educated, looking-after-themselves women in major cities like NYC, Boston, Chicago - all the guys who are looking should go there.

And I'm speaking from experience. It took me removing myself from Boston, to finally meet someone.
Oh I know it. Been there a few times.. If my job here wasn't so cake and the economy was better I'd be in NYC in a shot, talked to some niiiiice women there.

Except Rediska, she threw her coffee at me, then sued me. Lawyers, go figure.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:13 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,402 times
"Why are so many single women in New York alone?"

If single doesn't mean alone to you, what does it mean?

Old 06-26-2009, 06:45 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,230,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
If I've said this once, I've said it a thousand times...the men around here don't want real relationships, they just want to fu**, and the women want more, so we're all at an impasse, as it were.
pretty much.

it's easier to remain single and concentrate on being successful rather than wasting time on some man-child's bs.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:08 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,170,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
pretty much.

it's easier to remain single and concentrate on being successful rather than wasting time on some man-child's bs.
True that. And it's not an age thing, older, younger, they're all the same...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships