Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 04:43 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,785,443 times

Advertisements

A cousin of mine asked me about a week ago to take her and some friends somewhere and that she would give me gas money.
I said yes but forgot that the day in question was a day my girlfriend and I wanted to spend all day together and we already committed to it.
My girlfriend was fine with me going off and hanging out with my cousin and my cousin's friends.
I didn't want to go without her so I asked my cousin if I could bring my girlfriend.
Her response, "I don't know. My friends might be uncomfortable."
Me: Why would they be uncomfortable? It's not as if we are going to be making out or anything like that.
Her: I don't know. I just don't think they're ready for all that.

My cousin herself has experimented with girls and has been going through a really tough time with crushes on girls and girls breaking her heart. However these particular friends don't know about it. I told her that if these are truly your friends, they would know about you liking girls and wouldn't judge you for it.

I asked her to try to see if someone else would take her.
I may still take her but I would have never thought a cousin that was once so supportive of me [she is always saying she wants me to bring my girlfriend to family dinners, I have nothing to be ashamed of for being gay, our family needs to get over any disapproval they have,etc] would say, "Don't bring your girlfriend. My friends will be uncomfortable."

So, am I wrong for not wanting to take her and these judgmental friends somewhere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 04:51 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,147,443 times
Let's see if I can get this straight. They ask a favor of you, then impose conditions on how you may do it. Do I have that right?

I mean, why did you even ask. Just say, "Hey, I'm bringing my girlfriend along, hope you like it." Then it's their turn to deal. After all, you're the one with the car and the driver's license.

Old 06-25-2009, 05:17 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,963,324 times
Take your girlfriend along. If your cousin is asking a favor of you and then being judgmental, then she's just using you...not appreciating the time and effort it takes out of your day.

Besides, if I had to be stuck in a car full of homophobes, damn right I'd want them to be uncomfortable.

So in summary, please make out with your girlfriend the whole time and then send me pictures, k?

Old 06-26-2009, 08:47 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
A cousin of mine asked me about a week ago to take her and some friends somewhere and that she would give me gas money.
I said yes but forgot that the day in question was a day my girlfriend and I wanted to spend all day together and we already committed to it.
My girlfriend was fine with me going off and hanging out with my cousin and my cousin's friends.
I didn't want to go without her so I asked my cousin if I could bring my girlfriend.
Me: Why would they be uncomfortable? It's not as if we are going to be making out or anything like that.

My cousin herself has experimented with girls and has been going through a really tough time with crushes on girls and girls breaking her heart. However these particular friends don't know about it. I told her that if these are truly your friends, they would know about you liking girls and wouldn't judge you for it.

I may still take her but I would have never thought a cousin that was once so supportive of me [she is always saying she wants me to bring my girlfriend to family dinners, I have nothing to be ashamed of for being gay, our family needs to get over any disapproval they have,etc] would say, "Don't bring your girlfriend. My friends will be uncomfortable."

So, am I wrong for not wanting to take her and these judgmental friends somewhere?
That's kinda funy.

I mean, the whole thing. I was thinking you were a guy then I realized you were a girl. Now I get it.

You just tell your cousin, "I figure it out so I can take you and your friends."

Then show up with your girlfriend.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:50 AM

123 posts, read 271,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderbear View Post
Take your girlfriend along. If your cousin is asking a favor of you and then being judgmental, then she's just using you...not appreciating the time and effort it takes out of your day.

Besides, if I had to be stuck in a car full of homophobes, damn right I'd want them to be uncomfortable.

So in summary, please make out with your girlfriend the whole time and then send me pictures, k?
LMAO!!! I ditto this one!!

Old 06-26-2009, 09:40 AM

821 posts, read 2,038,080 times
How old are the kids that your driving around?

If it were me I would take my girlfriend with me... Maybe layoff the PDA but she would be with me... As for my cousin and her friends they have options... its called the bus!!!

Old 06-26-2009, 10:24 AM

491 posts, read 925,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderbear View Post

The obvious double-standard. Same sex activity between men = icky, unnatural, and gross. Between women = "hot" and desirable.

If I were PurpleLove, I would be insulted by this post.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:31 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post
The obvious double-standard. Same sex activity between men = icky, unnatural, and gross. Between women = "hot" and desirable.

If I were PurpleLove, I would be insulted by this post.
So everyone must have the same turn-ons as you do? THAT is how you think? Others must believe what is acceptable is what YOU find to be so? Sorry bub. Ain't happening.

Old 06-26-2009, 10:37 AM

491 posts, read 925,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
So everyone must have the same turn-ons as you do? THAT is how you think? Others must believe what is acceptable is what YOU find to be so? Sorry bub. Ain't happening.
As a gay man, I am much more privy than you ever will be to the way in which these things work.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:14 AM

94 posts, read 225,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post

Tell your cousin to get a car. This isn't your problem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships