Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 08:03 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, for cryin' out loud! You said yourself you're of Chinese heritage, but you neither speak the language nor identify with the culture. You and a woman from China may look the same, but having a relationship with her is an entirely different story. That's what I'm trying to tell the wolf! I don't think it's very hard to understand. I am Caucasian, but I'm of different culture; you look Asian, but you're basically of the same culture; therefore, most Caucasian (or any other) non-foreign-born Americans have much more in common with you than with me. Isn't that correct? Yeah, the company of someone from a different culture is very interesting - until you live together...

And mutts ARE beautiful! Anything wrong with that, too?!
You know what's tiresome? Listening to white guys and black guys discuss how cool it would be to date an Asian chick just because they are petite and seem so demure and exotic to them. And it comes across to me as objectifying and stereotyping them, not treating them as individuals.

And no, not all mutts are beautiful or handsome. Especially some mixes with Caucasians. You get the Asian features, but their hair is a strange light brown instead of black. And female mutts are happier than male mutts. I think that male mutts get more frustrated growing up because they tend to be social outcasts. The whites don't bond with them, and neither do their Asian friends.

And race is not synonymous with culture. Race is about bloodlines. Culture is about the country of origin. For instance, an African American and someone from Somalia are from completely different cultures and traditions, even though they share the same black skin and genetic coding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2008, 08:10 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,870,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
You know what's tiresome? Listening to white guys and black guys discuss how cool it would be to date an Asian chick just because they are petite and seem so demure and exotic to them. And it comes across to me as objectifying and stereotyping them, not treating them as individuals.

And no, not all mutts are beautiful or handsome. Especially some mixes with Caucasians. You get the Asian features, but their hair is a strange light brown instead of black. And female mutts are happier than male mutts. I think that male mutts get more frustrated growing up because they tend to be social outcasts. The whites don't bond with them, and neither do their Asian friends.

And race is not synonymous with culture. Race is about bloodlines. Culture is about the country of origin. For instance, an African American and someone from Somalia are from completely different cultures and traditions, even though they share the same black skin and genetic coding.
What's also tiresome is when some people think that most black men want white women who are "unattractive" or "overweight". That's real annoying.

Some people need to cut back on that stereotype. I seen plently on beautiful bm/ww couples, at least where I'm at.

Some people try to discourage those relationships, but I believe black men and white women, more of them would marry interracially as time passes on.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:10 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Quote:
If it were also intercultural and not based on looks, then why all the comments about beautiful mutts? Instead, there would be comments about how much more interesting it is to be in the company of someone from another culture. It really seems to me that many of the posters in this thread only care about looks when dating interracially.
You take things way too seriously. Just enjoy life.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:11 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
"Go through the process"...?! What's that supposed to mean?
I'll leave it up to the imagination.

Old 04-07-2008, 04:27 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,918,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFan View Post
What's also tiresome is when some people think that most black men want white women who are "unattractive" or "overweight". That's real annoying.

Some people need to cut back on that stereotype. I seen plently on beautiful bm/ww couples, at least where I'm at.

Some people try to discourage those relationships, but I believe black men and white women, more of them would marry interracially as time passes on.
You live in LA where Beauty isn't an option...
IT'S THE LAW!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
You live in LA where Beauty isn't an option...
IT'S THE LAW!!!
I don't live in in City of LA, not yet. But yea, when I got out to socialize more and exercise around LA, I seen a lot of interracial couples, and they had good features.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:35 PM

152 posts, read 335,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The article was a bit one sided. The fact is that, while such marraiges have increased and will in the future, the divorce rate for them is quite high.
Isn't the divorce rate high in general? I don't think its indicative of being an interracial couple. I am also in an interracial marriage (i am black, he is white). I think its great that its becoming more accepted than in the past (and longer a crime!!), but there are still many people who frown upon it unfortunately.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiannon29 View Post
Isn't the divorce rate high in general? I don't think its indicative of being an interracial couple. I am also in an interracial marriage (i am black, he is white). I think its great that its becoming more accepted than in the past (and longer a crime!!), but there are still many people who frown upon it unfortunately.
That is true, my sister (black) has been married to a white man for 10 years and its working fine. They have three beautiful kids together.

Divorce is happening, whether it's interracial or not.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:03 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Didn't I say the same thing almost word for word?!

I can see you're tired of it (as I'm tired of some stuff as well), but I'm not a guy - not Caucasian, not Black, not Asian... just not a GUY! Take it easy! Or direct your irritation where it belongs! I don't care for any chicks (at least not at this time )!

Old 04-09-2008, 06:05 PM

84 posts, read 391,013 times
Well, interracial relationships is becoming more common. I am a "Mutt" myself. I am half Black and half Japanese. I was married to a Cuban for 13 years so my children are Black, Japanese and Cuban. Very beautiful kids. I am now married to a White man. We won't be having any kids, though, because we're both fixed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships