Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 10:20 PM

491 posts, read 925,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnastasiaBlue View Post
haha, no, I am not looking for $ or to tear apart another relationship. Definitely not my character. There is tension between us that has been there since day one, BUT I was dating someone for 4 years and broke it off for other reasons and then my boss started to show more interest. He was already in his current relationship during all of that.
I think your particular situation calls for understanding the consequences of becoming entangled with this man, since there are other prevalent factors involved, such as your working relationship. If you are willing to compromise that relationship and accept that it may deteriorate, then I see no reason why you shouldn't proceed with the relationship. However, even in that instance, I would advise you not to become involved with him until he has broken it off completely with the other person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

4,253 posts, read 9,452,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsavethequeens View Post
Judgments and shame is exactly what's holding people back and causing them distress and anguish. It is wrong, and I can't believe you would advocate it.
Well, Gov. Sanford tried to disregard judgement and shame.

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Judgments and shame is exactly what's holding people back and causing them distress and anguish. It is wrong, and I can't believe you would advocate it.
I guess we have a fundamental disagreement. The old agree to disagree I suppose.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Well, Gov. Sanford tried to disregard judgement and shame.
Meaning what?

Old 06-25-2009, 10:27 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,452,635 times
Quote:
Meaning what?
Meaning that he didn't let judgement and shame hold him back and cause him distress and anguish. He was happy for 7 days. Now he's in another type of distress and anguish. Which wouldn't've happened had he thought about judgement and shame beforehand.

I assume you know the news of Gov. Sanford?

Old 06-25-2009, 10:27 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
So...you advocate moving in on another woman's man?

We see the erosion of morality today in the US - that is because of your "judgment and shame" is wrong attitude.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

We see the erosion of morality today in the US - that is because of your "judgment and shame" is wrong attitude.
I didn't say I advocated it. If you'd actually read my following message, you'd see that. And don't you dare accuse me of the US's moral decay. You are in no place to judge others, no matter how much you think you are. That is not the kind of person I aspire to be.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Meaning that he didn't let judgement and shame hold him back and cause him distress and anguish. He was happy for 7 days. Now he's in another type of distress and anguish. Which wouldn't've happened had he thought about judgement and shame beforehand.

I assume you know the news of Gov. Sanford?
I don't agree with his actions, of course, but I will not judge and condemn this man.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:46 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
Why should she have "shame" over someone/something she doesn't even know about firsthand?! I didn't see where she's met the woman and knows for sure that she is seriously committed to that relationship. It may be a casual thing. If "the boss" is interested in the OP, then, what, you think she should just blow it off and encourage him to marry the girlfriend even if his head can be turned by someone else?

Old 06-26-2009, 01:23 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

IF this was a guy she knew at work, I'd just say ask further questions when out and get more of a feeling if she'd be "stealing", or if it was just something like a FWB thing. Almost seems to be the norm anymore, which is funky, but whatever.

Any case, the OP IMO is a bit insane to contemplate this one, it's her BOSS, this isn't some co-worker where it might be awkward if he's not interested outright, or it goes bad later. This is firing material, or otherwise making work about as comfortable as a special seat in the Spanish inquisition.

Less than a good idea even if he outright stated interest and was completely single.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships