Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 06:22 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,790,628 times

Advertisements

Do you think there is anything wrong with a relationship that involves a guy, who is not the money maker in the relationship. The sole breadwinner is the girlfriend. Boyfriend only works part-time. They stay together in her house(not his). This situation has been going on about 2 years. I means it's obvious who's footing the biil for bills.....Guy pays no rent(he may contribute to one bill and thats it....) He's probably contributing in other ways.....(if you get my drift)...I mean I know if you love each other you'll overlook a few things here and there...but cmon on this is ridiculous.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 06:28 AM

26,689 posts, read 41,609,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Do you think there is anything wrong with a relationship that involves a guy, who is not the money maker in the relationship. The sole breadwinner is the girlfriend. Boyfriend only works part-time. They stay together in her house(not his). This situation has been going on about 2 years. I means it's obvious who's footing the biil for bills.....Guy pays no rent(he may contribute to one bill and thats it....) He's probably contributing in other ways.....(if you get my drift)...I mean I know if you love each other you'll overlook a few things here and there...but cmon on this is ridiculous.....
Too little info. Is the guy working part-time b/c he cant get anything else? How much is he making part-time?

Old 11-18-2011, 06:32 AM

2,495 posts, read 4,347,675 times
I dont see the problem. This is 2011, men and women are EQUALS!!! Now do me a favor and swap the genders in the initial post and tell me if you wouldnt think this thread was silly. Just saying...if that is their arrangement then so be it. Getting fed up with this nonsensical Double standards...

Old 11-18-2011, 06:33 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,472,484 times
People will only treat you as you allow them to. Some people are givers , some are takers.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:44 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,458,754 times
Quote:
There doesn't seem to anything "wrong" with the relationship - they've been at it two years and it seems to be working for them.

Now, you could argue that maybe there is something wrong with the woman who would chose to live this way, but this is still America and her choices are hers to make.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Too little info. Is the guy working part-time b/c he cant get anything else? How much is he making part-time?
Only works 3-4 days a week in his respectable field...because he cant find anything else.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
There doesn't seem to anything "wrong" with the relationship - they've been at it two years and it seems to be working for them.

Now, you could argue that maybe there is something wrong with the woman who would chose to live this way, but this is still America and her choices are hers to make.
You're right....My point exactly....Why would you choose to live this way.?

Old 11-18-2011, 06:51 AM

7,122 posts, read 8,620,142 times
Unless he is abusing her in some way or has a substance abuse problem...my advice to you is mind your own business!!

Old 11-18-2011, 06:53 AM

845 posts, read 1,345,291 times
Haven't you been reading the news lately? Women are making as much or more then men are now a days. There are more women going to college then men. Women are getting the same jobs as men were; those specific jobs that only men were able to do before. Women are asked to join a group of men at work to tip the scales a little. Having at least two to three of each gender in a group has been proven to help the group work better, rather then a group full of one gender.

The roles haven't switched, but men are slowly becoming the "stay at home mom", while the women are becoming the "bringer of bacon".

It's the new era.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:55 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,458,754 times
Quote:
You're right....My point exactly....Why would you choose to live this way.?
You just don't understand the currency in her world

She obviously feels as though something about this man and relationship is paying off big time for her.

Whether we agree about that or not is irrelevant - it's her life to live, enjoy or ruin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships