Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2009, 01:43 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,391,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Some more turnoffs:

Speaking in "slang" or bad english (if English is their first language). If she opens her mouth and any "I be...", "Im is...", "Ya'll....." or if she pronounces any "Th" word a "duh" sound (i.e., "duh menu" instead of "the menue") then she's history.
I said the same thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post

"Ayo Ma what's good wit u..know what I mean...been checkin u for like a minute...so what's up...let me know what it is , ya feel me?"
I was complaining about one guy, he kept saying towardS and my best guy friend told me "it's a date not an English exam. Loosen up"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 01:44 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,980,808 times
Wow. We hate the same things. Are you a dude?

Seriously philistine people get on my nerves.
Superstitious people worry me.
Religiosity scares me.
Love is not a business transaction either. It does not involve "work". It is a natural and smooth process, however, it should involve communication and all the stereotypical things associated with true love....but why the heck should that be considered "work" or a "chore". Is true love easy to find? Of course not. Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Other than truly disgusting things that would be a turnoff for virtually anybody? Well, let's see:

- Illiteracy and anti-intellectualism. I get turned off by people who can't put together a complete sentence. It shows they don't read.
- Superstition
- Religiosity
- Belief that love is a project and/or a transaction that involves "work", with stability and "warmth" being the only reward for endless years of mind-numbing drudgery. Sadly, the overwhelming majority of Americans perceive love exactly like that, and any dissenting view is seen as "immature". I think it stems from the instinctive belief that anything that's pleasurable, gratifying and doesn't require an effort but occurs kind of by itself must be immoral, wrong or illusory. So let me be one of the "immature" ones. The way I see it, if love requires "work", it isn't love. Perhaps it's nice on many levels, but love it ain't. Real love doesn't require an effort or self-denial. I've always preferred people who, when they fall in love, love effortlessly, naturally and with abandon.
- Fussy eaters

Old 06-29-2009, 02:06 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,695,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
LOL that's hilarious dude. I've never met anybody that speaks that way....
You've never heard anyone root for Da Behs? You never heard dis guy say in a heavy accent, "Fuggedabodit"? Especially New York Italians?

Old 06-29-2009, 02:18 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,550,981 times
Excessive cursing
Bad Hygiene
Bitter toward women.....I ain't paying for your ex's sins
Whining---grow a pair and get over it.
No sense of humor
No job and/or not attempting to find one. don't have to be rich but I'm not supporting you.
Bitter about life....get over it.
Drug abuse.
If they have children--aren't involved with them.
It's my way to the highway attitude....I'll pick highway every single time.
Doesn't enunciate...take an english lesson.
Crude comments-you're not out with your boys.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:00 PM

1,006 posts, read 736,695 times
Foul/loud mouth women.

Women with ugly feet are a MAJOR turn-off. She could be a doctor with a supermodel face but if her feet are ugly there is no chance in hell I'm talking to her. I can't suck on ugly toes.

Bad breathe, ugly teeth are a no no. I can deal with braces.

Body odor.

I also don't care for extremely Afro/Euro/Latino-centric females either. Its ok to have cultural pride but not the point where you are purposely offending and alienating ordinary people.

Closed minded women are definitely a no go.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:02 PM

37,653 posts, read 46,084,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Some more turnoffs:

Speaking in "slang" or bad english (if English is their first language). If she opens her mouth and any "I be...", "Im is...", "Ya'll....." or if she pronounces any "Th" word a "duh" sound (i.e., "duh menu" instead of "the menue") then she's history.
One I hear ALL the time... and from people that I would never expect it...

"The other day I seen this guy...."

Drives me up a wall!

Old 06-29-2009, 06:51 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,886,278 times
I'd have to agree with the many here who mentioned the constant use of foul language, and it doesn't matter if the person is a male or female.

Using that kind of language moderately, like maybe once in a while, a 4-letter expletive slips out, doesn't bother me, but there's been times where I've seen women in public places, use the kind of language that would make a sailor blush! I didn't know these women of course, nor would I have any interest in knowing such women.

I remember one night we were coming out of a baseball game and walking to the parking lot down the street, and we passed by a loud commotion across the street, and I remember 2 women, who probably had too much to drink, and they were yelling every imaginable obscenity in the book at each other.

I know if I met a woman who talked like that, that would definitely be an immediate turn-off for me, no matter how good-looking she is. My logic would be, if she can't control her tongue, she might have a hard time controlling other things.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:37 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,980,808 times
Foul language if used in a comical context is a big turn on for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I'd have to agree with the many here who mentioned the constant use of foul language, and it doesn't matter if the person is a male or female.

Using that kind of language moderately, like maybe once in a while, a 4-letter expletive slips out, doesn't bother me, but there's been times where I've seen women in public places, use the kind of language that would make a sailor blush! I didn't know these women of course, nor would I have any interest in knowing such women.

I remember one night we were coming out of a baseball game and walking to the parking lot down the street, and we passed by a loud commotion across the street, and I remember 2 women, who probably had too much to drink, and they were yelling every imaginable obscenity in the book at each other.

I know if I met a woman who talked like that, that would definitely be an immediate turn-off for me, no matter how good-looking she is. My logic would be, if she can't control her tongue, she might have a hard time controlling other things.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:19 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,411,434 times
When I was playing the field
*Smokers (even the occasional cigar! Yuck.)
*too passionate about things (instead of being pragmatic)
*whiners/complainers
*medium to long length hair (I have a thing for short, buzzed and bald )
*too much artwork on the bod (I prefer no tatts, but can tolerate a little ink. Too much and I'm turned off, unless you look like Dwayne Johnson. )
*I always found myself turned off when I found out the person was in the creative arts (based on my personal experience, they tend to be very passionate about things and I found myself having nothing in common with them.)
*arrogance
*abuse of foul language (I don't mind curse words, but if you can't form a sentence without one, I'm going to question your intelligence.)
*bad teeth (as much as I try not be prejudice of that, unfortunately it's something I have trouble overlooking.)
*men who wear obvious labels/logos (It's weird in that I like men to be finely dressed when it comes to dress clothing, but if I see obvious labels on casual clothing, like True Religion or Rock & Republic jeans, I get turned off. A Canali or Brioni suit is a whole different story. )

Old 06-29-2009, 08:38 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,221,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
It's ok...I still love to pull your pigtails. *swipes cigs and drink*
*runs*
Smart boy! Particularly considering how pis*sed I am right now! No, it has nothing to do with the subject at hand here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I didn't ignore your question, I just didn't see it.

Besides, having lunch together doesn't mean 2 people are going to end up together, right? So if you have those 3 traits, and yes, to me they are an immediate turn off, but that wouldn't necesserily stop me from having lunch with you one time.
How generous! I've no need to have lunches with any people who barely "tolerate" me, be it once! One would think you "know" me somewhat by now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships