Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 05:35 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,778,877 times

Advertisements

Yes - thank goodness.

My previous marriage, my husband couldn't STAND to hear me laugh! He thought I was laughing at him. I couldn't be myself, couldn't just act silly.

But now.......

I am silly as I wanna be. I can act silly, babyish, and we have so much fun, I think it's a large part of why we have such closeness, because we can BE OURSELVES and be joyous.

He calls me Sweetie and Baby. I call him Baby. It's so funny....we're so used to doing it, we don't notice...we were in this store one time and talking to each other like:
"Did Baby see this?"
Like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2007, 05:54 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,578,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_F View Post

Oh. Um. I mean, I'm so sorry to hear that.

As for the topic - yes, we're very silly together. He serenades me in the grocery store, to whatever song is playing in the store at the time. He loves cartoons - from Bugs Bunny to The Simpsons to Futurama, and just about everything in between. Puns are our weakness - neither of us can resist, and we're both good at it.

Pet names? Normally it's sweetie (me) and honey (him), but when we're feeling goofy it's Stinky Butt (him) and Smelly Head (me).

I wouldn't have it any other way. There's no way I could be with someone who doesn't have a sense of humor. I just don't get those people at all. Life is too short to take yourself too seriously!
ClaireF, you guys sound just like us, that is so funny, were big on funny movie quotes, were always saying those to each other, we got alot of the sound clips on our cell phones and send them to each other at the most "inappropriate" time. Like while he's in a meeting at work I'll send him something like "Get your a$$ to mars" from the movie Total Recall, or "No more wire hangers", "be sure and tell em Large Marge sent cha", etc.

We usually cause a ruckus whereever we go and people are usually looking and laughing at us or maybe with us.

You know those things they have at restaurants and stores on the counter - "free two week gym membership" or other "try for two weeks free" - well when we were dating we use to fill out all those behind each others back with each others names and addresses just to play a joke on each other. He'd call me up and say did you give my number to Bally's or Powerhouse, etc.. anyway, we still have a blast!!

Or he'll call me on his way home from work to tell me he'll be home in 1 hour, and I'll say "ok, so I got 45 minutes to get my boyfriend outta here". he he

Old 09-14-2007, 06:14 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,295,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
ClaireF, you guys sound just like us, that is so funny, were big on funny movie quotes, were always saying those to each other, we got alot of the sound clips on our cell phones and send them to each other at the most "inappropriate" time. Like while he's in a meeting at work I'll send him something like "Get your a$$ to mars" from the movie Total Recall, or "No more wire hangers", "be sure and tell em Large Marge sent cha", etc.

We usually cause a ruckus whereever we go and people are usually looking and laughing at us or maybe with us.

You know those things they have at restaurants and stores on the counter - "free two week gym membership" or other "try for two weeks free" - well when we were dating we use to fill out all those behind each others back with each others names and addresses just to play a joke on each other. He'd call me up and say did you give my number to Bally's or Powerhouse, etc.. anyway, we still have a blast!!

Or he'll call me on his way home from work to tell me he'll be home in 1 hour, and I'll say "ok, so I got 45 minutes to get my boyfriend outta here". he he
Ah, the movie quotes. Yes, we do that all the time. We call it Movie Tourettes - randomly blurting out movie quotes.

One of my favorite jokes to play on him: One night we were watching TV, and a commercial for Taco Bell came on. At the end of the commercial, they have a shot of Carmen Electra eating a taco or burrito, and her hair is blowing in a supposedly "sexy" way.

Hubby turns to me and says, "How come your hair doesn't blow when you eat Mexican food?"

The following week we got out to eat at our favorite restaurant. Without him seeing, I pulled out a portable personal fan, and held it under the table. I took a bite of food, and turned the fan on while I was eating it.

I think it was a good five minutes before either of us was able to stop laughing long enough to eat.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:38 PM

1,195 posts, read 5,402,412 times
[quote=Dingler;584543]Do you act silly with your spouse? Do you call him or her a pet name? Do you giggle and laugh together? Does your spouse see your child like side?

Isn't that what marriage is all about to continue to have fun together, heck forever.

My husband only laughs hard with me the rest of the time he is a bit reserved but for me I love to laugh, being silly around him is so easy to do.

Old 09-15-2007, 07:31 AM

27,268 posts, read 27,330,256 times
There was a couple of people in the past that we used to have a lot of goofy fun together, I have to admit.
We were daring (and I'll leave your imaginations at that). We laughed a lot, did a lot of crazy things and had fun in doing them. The one incident we did in restraunts was tossing food into each other's mouths, but at the end, we'd have a big mess to clean up at our table, and didnt want to make the servers think we were 'that' sloppy in eating, lol.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:15 AM

10,156 posts, read 11,126,867 times
Fun - silliness - are non existent in my life when it comes to my other half.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:22 AM

766 posts, read 528,173 times
I've been married for 16 years and we still make eachother laugh,we wrestle around,we do alot of silly things together and I think it helps in a marriage to still act like kids together once in a while.

Old 09-15-2007, 02:26 PM

788 posts, read 2,107,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
My husband likes to arch his buttox, aim, and shoot his fart out at me. It's totally disgusting. Every once in a while I'll do it back but his farts are much more powerful, and potent, than mine. He's a dufus but I love him!

I think I could have lived my entire life without knowing that! EEWWWW

My husband is the exact opposite - he hates bodily functions!

We do laugh and we have so many little inside jokes - I swear after all of these years we can just look at each other and read minds - we laugh at the most inappropriate times and everyone thinks we're crazy. That's okay - if you're not on my tax return I don't care what you think!!!

Old 09-15-2007, 02:28 PM

5,546 posts, read 6,844,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Lynn View Post
I don't have one of those anymore. Thank goodness.
Very funny...that is if you're referring to a "spouse". I also like the clarification on what people should call you

Old 09-18-2007, 03:45 PM

1,195 posts, read 5,402,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Fun - silliness - are non existent in my life when it comes to my other half.
So sorry to hear that, you know laughter help extend your life. So if your not having fun why are you still there? Life is too short to not laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships