Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 06:37 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
good postive and fair post. you are improving in your posting!! .
Agreed. This is a good post (for once), and hits the nail on the head.

Men who are nice, but also confident, standout, adventurous, and not desperate definitely exist too. The "bad boy" and "nice guy" dating theories are spreading too much and doing damage though....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 06:38 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Okay, since Redneck decided to pick my post apart - like he thinks he knows me or something ... Let me just say one more thing. I want a man who can ballroom dance. No, not just basic beginner stuff. A man who is my equal on the dance floor - a man who can really cut a rug!

Analyze this!

Old 06-27-2009, 06:42 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Okay, since Redneck decided to pick my post apart - like he thinks he knows me or something ... Let me just say one more thing. I want a man who can ballroom dance. No, not just basic beginner stuff. A man who is my equal on the dance floor - a man who can really cut a rug!

Analyze this!
I was never an Antonio Banderas fan til I saw him do that.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:06 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Didn't read the whole post, but FINALLY - something we can agree on. Not ALL women like the bad boy types. I've never liked the bad boys. I always went for sauve, sophisticated, intelligent and kind. Oh - and built like nobody's business!!!
Somone intelligent wanted you????

Old 06-27-2009, 07:09 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
This post go's against the grain of many posters here on CD.

I thought according to some, that women like bad boys.

Was I reading the wrong forum....

Old 06-27-2009, 07:19 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Somone intelligent wanted you????
Shocking ... but true.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:31 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,686,080 times
Default were you...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
...the one who sung the 1979 hit by Sister Sledge?!

Old 06-27-2009, 07:32 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,978,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Now the stand out in a crowd thing I will question. You may be attracted to someone who is different, but dont expect all men to bend over backwards trying to be something they arent to attempt to impress you. In my opinion that encourages behavior that isnt normal. I refuse to act out to specifically get a woman's attention, I will do it for humor in public, but not to try to pickup anyone. I am usually quiet, and just smile at people, if they arent interested I really could not care less because that wasnt my intent in the first place.
The problem with just sitting back and smiling is that you're just kind of...lurking. Or, at least that's what it appears to be to many observers.

You don't have to "act out" to get women's attention...I know one fellow who would walk is rabbit on a leash, and that got their attention.

Quote:
You may be confusing adventure/fun with drama. I can not stand someone who has to constantly have drama, its a strain on my emotions and stress.
I am saying that many women see drama, and mistake that for advenure and fun. A crazed biker does get allot of "action", but when you get down to it, it is not the kind of action most people actually want.

Quote:
Nobody is attracted to someone who is desperate. It also depends on what your version of desperate is. If someone is all begging and clingy, that appears desperate, regardless of if the person actually is or not.
OF course, thing is, many nice guys, in being nice, appear "beggy and clingly".

Old 06-27-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
This isn't exactly ground breaking stuff here. Women have ALWAYS wanted those qualities in men and for eons alot of men have been able to satisfy that without the stereotypical "bad boy" act.
That is exactly what I am saying. The bad boy image, on the outside, looks like many of the qualities allot of women want. Being a "bad boy" is essentially cutting a corner in having qualities that many women like. It's like burning dinner, and instead of cooking it again, you just add cayenne and call it "cajun". It is easy to be adventurist, confident and stand out as a total douche bag, but it takes allot more work and patience to do so WHILE being a gentleman.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, without reading that dissertation, I'll say this.
That was about four paragraphs long...not exactly a "dissertation".

Quote:
Most men who cannot find a woman because they are self-described "nice guys" really are that way because they are...what's the word..."boring."

... that is exactly what I was saying in the OP...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships