Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 06:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Wait a minute, most people have issues.
Shall we make it ALL?! Only that some might need just the carry-on for them while others need all the pieces in the suitcase collection at once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2009, 06:57 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
When they know if they got a one word reply from a guy they were attracted to they would respond back.
Or not...I wouldn't and never have. If I see no sign of my profile being read, then I hit delete and don't even bother to review his profile. A short sentence referencing something in my profile is all that is needed. Some guys just look at pics and send out a copied+pasted generic message, a "wink", or say something stupid like "hey wats up hawtie". Smart women avoid those guys.

Old 06-27-2009, 07:01 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Or not...I wouldn't and never have. If I see no sign of my profile being read, then I hit delete and don't even bother to review his profile. A short sentence referencing something in my profile is all that is needed. Some guys just look at pics and send out a copied+pasted generic message, a "wink", or say something stupid like "hey wats up hawtie". Smart women avoid those guys.
again, he is sending a wink becsuse the attraction hasn't been established yet from your end

Old 06-27-2009, 07:05 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,142,825 times
Quote:
again, he is sending a wink becsuse the attraction hasn't been established yet from your end
Again, she is avoiding the wink because she gets 500 a day and what makes yours so special or different from the guys sending only the wink because they didn't even bother to read her profile?

Old 06-27-2009, 07:05 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,538 times
He is sending a wink because he is too damn lazy, or else he's just sending out winks to 100 women to see what sort of response he gets.

The only long term relationships I was ever in with guys I met online started off with a brief e-mail of a few sentences that showed me the guy had read my profile, and stated a couple things we might have in common. I never responed to "winks" "icebreakers" or two word e-mails like "wanna chat"

Old 06-27-2009, 07:10 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times
Quote:
TVSG, you have to remember that this woman is probably receiving quite a few "winks" and such. From the start, you need to make yourself stand out.

You want to make the woman believe that she's not just one of twenty women you are "winking at". You know the saying, "you throw enough crap at the wall, and eventually something will stick"? When you don't even bother sending a personalized message to a woman, she will get the feeling that you're doing just that. It reeks of desperation.

Because you don't have the benefit of face-to-face interaction at the start, you need to do something to make the woman want to actually respond. A short sentence or two doesn't take too much time, does it?

Old 06-27-2009, 07:14 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
TVSG, you have to remember that this woman is probably receiving quite a few "winks" and such. From the start, you need to make yourself stand out.

You want to make the woman believe that she's not just one of twenty women you are "winking at". You know the saying, "you throw enough crap at the wall, and eventually something will stick"? When you don't even bother sending a personalized message to a woman, she will get the feeling that you're doing just that. It reeks of desperation.

Because you don't have the benefit of face-to-face interaction at the start, you need to do something to make the woman want to actually respond. A short sentence or two doesn't take too much time, does it?
Gosh, that's asking an awful lot. Between being on here posting hate-filled, self-pity posts and watching TV and/or sports - how on Earth is this guy supposed to have the time to write a short sentence, much less (gasp) two!!!

Old 06-27-2009, 07:17 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,006,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
He is sending a wink because he is too damn lazy, or else he's just sending out winks to 100 women to see what sort of response he gets.

The only long term relationships I was ever in with guys I met online started off with a brief e-mail of a few sentences that showed me the guy had read my profile, and stated a couple things we might have in common. I never responed to "winks" "icebreakers" or two word e-mails like "wanna chat"
And my point is if someone you wasn't attracted to send a similar response showing he read your ad it wouldn't have mattered

Old 06-27-2009, 07:19 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,011,042 times
Quote:
And my point is if someone you wasn't attracted to send a similar response showing he read your ad it wouldn't have mattered
But, what you don't get TVSG, is that by not even making an attempt to make yourself stand out, you're not giving yourself a chance.

You want to try this "online dating" thing, you need to play by the rules. Well, actually, you don't *need* to play by the rules, but if you don't, you have no standing to complain when you don't have any luck.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:03 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,704 times
Quote:
When they know if they got a one word reply from a guy they were attracted to they would respond back.

Why would a guy send a long paragraph on his initial reply when he has no idea if he is her type? Thats why the Flirt features are there to see if she likes the photo and if so he sends a longer message. It's just anazing it's so many stupid women who sign up for dating sites and the ones who are normal are on the site maybe 1 day-lol

I'm supposed to take 5 mins out of my evening to send a lengthy reply and don't know if she is attracted to me? Whatever
why do people always question the motives and preferences of others? Especially when such motives/preferences are benign in nature?

i guess arguing against human nature is like shooting fish in barrel, eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships