Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2011, 07:54 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I see so it is just more of sharing that you don't do well? Would you share your ice cream or you share nothing at all? I'm always sharing, but, I guess there is just a whole different mindset
m

Don't even try and equate this to not being stingy. What it comes down to is swingers are incapable, incapable of being with just one person. They would like others to believe that people in general can't be faithful to one person but the fact is there are many people who can be.

Swingers aren't enlightened on human nature as they try to say, they just want to believe they are instead of face up to the facts that they can't be faithful to one person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 06:01 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Don't even try and equate this to not being stingy. What it comes down to is swingers are incapable, incapable of being with just one person. They would like others to believe that people in general can't be faithful to one person but the fact is there are many people who can be.

Swingers aren't enlightened on human nature as they try to say, they just want to believe they are instead of face up to the facts that they can't be faithful to one person.
You've posited a bunch of stark generalizations which I can't support. Swinging isn't for me and isn't for everyone and obviously is not for you. However, what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes and which activities harm no others should surely not promote such moral outrage as you've expressed.

I questioned the OP's assumption that anyone has a "turning point" where swinging is concerned. Save the moral outrage, lionking, for another forum and another time.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:08 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
The only way I could be tempted would be through my SO, and even then, I'd argue pretty fiercely.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:09 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Your question is flawed as you make the assumption that anyone CAN be "tempted into the lifestyle", with your question being only what would be "the turning point". If you really do believe in such an assumption then remember what is said about them!
Not only that anyone can be tempted into the lifestyle, but the possibility of anyone by the OP and maybe her partner. That's the first flaw in the question.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:11 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,791,405 times
I'm attracted to women based on what comes out of their mouths, not what goes in.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:19 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
How do you feel you could be most easily tempted into the lifestyle? If I was working with you one on one in a setting that could lead to sex...what would be your turning point?
There would be no possibility whatsoever.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:13 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Well, for starters, there is no way in HELL my husband would ever be willing to share me with anyone else. No way in hell. I would not even bring this up to him.
For myself, I have had those type of fantasies on numerous occassions, however, when I would REALLY put some thought into it and see what it would do to my relationship with my husband, I was getting instantly turned off from the whole idea. It's just not worth it!

Old 07-21-2011, 09:48 AM

4,483 posts, read 5,328,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Well, for starters, there is no way in HELL my husband would ever be willing to share me with anyone else. No way in hell. I would not even bring this up to him. For myself, I have had those type of fantasies on numerous occassions, however, when I would REALLY put some thought into it and see what it would do to my relationship with my husband, I was getting instantly turned off from the whole idea. It's just not worth it!
Good for him. The marriage bed has been too easily disrespected, pillaged, and soiled in modern times. Let husbands prize their wives and wives prize their husbands.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:08 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
You've posited a bunch of stark generalizations which I can't support. Swinging isn't for me and isn't for everyone and obviously is not for you. However, what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes and which activities harm no others should surely not promote such moral outrage as you've expressed.

I questioned the OP's assumption that anyone has a "turning point" where swinging is concerned. Save the moral outrage, lionking, for another forum and another time.

Who says I want to interfere with what people do in their private lives? You'll never see me supporting banning swinging.

However she came across as "I share my ice cream" or whatever which implies she is more giving and less greedy or less controling than someone who doesn't give their wife or husband to others.

I don't care for swinging when people have exchanged vows, I am expressing my opinion. Those that don't agree with can well...just not agree with me.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:58 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
I think that's why they have those swingers clubs. Those who are into the idea can meet with others who also obviously are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships