Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 10:19 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,972,882 times

Advertisements

My husband holds two degrees, is a member of Mensa, we also have two houses and are very well traveled but we are not educational snobs and so he follows the job that he really loves and in this economy he makes more money than those people with desk jobs and titles after their name on their business cards --------- he's an electrician.

Don't judge a person for their occupation - there are many people with Master's degrees or higher that are working in blue collar jobs because that's where the money is right now. Everybody needs a plumber, electrician, mechanic or UPS guy - everybody doesn't need a personal banker or stock broker or real estate agent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 10:34 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
My husband holds two degrees, is a member of Mensa, we also have two houses and are very well traveled but we are not educational snobs and so he follows the job that he really loves and in this economy he makes more money than those people with desk jobs and titles after their name on their business cards --------- he's an electrician.

Don't judge a person for their occupation - there are many people with Master's degrees or higher that are working in blue collar jobs because that's where the money is right now. Everybody needs a plumber, electrician, mechanic or UPS guy - everybody doesn't need a personal banker or stock broker or real estate agent.
I do my own plumbing and mechanic work...it's called looking up how to do it on the internet...or reading it in a book...i can't really get a loan on my own without going to a bank. (?)

Old 06-28-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:

Annnnd while I am sure he does do very well financially, don't sit there adn say he makes more than people at the desk jobs. I'm 27 and I have a desk job and I do extremely well.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:37 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
He-he, I wonder where these "Internet" people come from... They must be dropped from the sky!

Old 06-28-2009, 10:40 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:

ouch salt on the wound -----one of my hardest things to bear on CDF is when a single posts their frustrations, then comes the inevitable leave it to beaver type harriet nelson post saying--- hey i got the model husband he takes me to europe every other weekend cleans the house and looks just like brad pitt and worships me, i just dont see the problem.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:46 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Annnnd while I am sure he does do very well financially, don't sit there adn say he makes more than people at the desk jobs. I'm 27 and I have a desk job and I do extremely well.
*NEWSFLASH* There are mechanics and plumbers that make WAY more than many people at desk jobs.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:49 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,972,882 times
Quote:

You're only 27? Heck, I've got socks older than you.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
*NEWSFLASH* There are mechanics and plumbers that make WAY more than many people at desk jobs.
and there are a lot who don't.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:01 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,018,972 times
Quote:
lol...I would not date anyone with a job like that. Anyone with a degree who is doing a job like that has wasted their degree...and anyone who doesn't have a degree is just lazy. Get an education, for christ sake!
I was wondering how anyone could have over 400 posts and only a rep of 52.

Now I know.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:10 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
and there are a lot who don't.
Seriously LMBO.

I'd discuss this with you further, but it just dawned on me that you're 27, and you obviously like living in your narrow world, so I won't waste my typing fingers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships