Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 11:58 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times

Advertisements

yes but they would have to be imperfect for it to be a good match bek i am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 12:20 PM

39 posts, read 73,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
My husband is not a perfect person but he is perfect for me.

Well it only shows that a soul mate does exist

Old 06-29-2009, 12:21 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
There is a perfect match/soul mate the problem is that people confuse the words "perfect match" to mean "perfect person".

There's no such thing as a perfect person there's only someone who is perfect for you.
Well said, I agree

Old 06-29-2009, 12:24 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjLaiLa View Post
there is a difference between being friends and lovers.. one relationship i had was being friends till we became best of friends.. oh well we both feel the same but it came to a point that we both loose being best of friends and didnt even get the chance to be lovers. Being friends will pull ya both back to step forward to a deeper relationship. This happened to me, (we might be better off as friends and not lovers) the thing is if ya love someone ya can just say and show what ya feel and then be friends as the relationship go along. But the problem comes in when the guy im falling for is not the perfect match for me seems he is not the guy for me since everyday arguments arises and love is gone. "Is there really a perfect match or soul mate that is" Or just me who has a problem.
I'd put it this way, for me my soul mate was the one I could not live without, the one who could not live without me. When you find THAT person, he's your soul mate

Old 06-29-2009, 12:56 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times
Quote:
I've been through a lot of relationships but it didnt work out. And its been awhile I havent dated anyone since I've been experiencing the same Hi and Goodbyes. I wonder if there is actually a perfect match or a soul mate.
In your dreams, I suppose.

And of course, on those "must have" lists that many women prepare.

The longer the list, the more perfect he is!

Old 06-29-2009, 12:59 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
Quote:
there is a difference between being friends and lovers.. one relationship i had was being friends till we became best of friends.. oh well we both feel the same but it came to a point that we both loose being best of friends and didnt even get the chance to be lovers. Being friends will pull ya both back to step forward to a deeper relationship. This happened to me, (we might be better off as friends and not lovers) the thing is if ya love someone ya can just say and show what ya feel and then be friends as the relationship go along. But the problem comes in when the guy im falling for is not the perfect match for me seems he is not the guy for me since everyday arguments arises and love is gone. "Is there really a perfect match or soul mate that is" Or just me who has a problem.
I believe in soulmates, but many of us will go through life without ever meeting them. Or in some cases, you'll meet them but the timing is all wrong. That was my situation. Having that someone within my grasp but the timing was wrong. Those are the ones that haunt you.

Old 06-29-2009, 03:08 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,986,546 times
No one and nothing is perfect. We may all agree that no person is perfect. So why would we expect a perfect match?

As time passes, we find that a "perfect" partner, a soul mate, the perfect person for me is ... a figure of speech. This is not to say that some people are not better matched than others but there is little "perfection" in the world. The whole quest for a sole mate makes us think there is some magic at play - something that "happens", and then we can "live happily ever after". But in fact, a good relationship takes WORK. Much of the work is to learn to accept the imperfections of the other!

Old 06-29-2009, 03:29 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,497 times
Quote:
"Is there really a perfect match or soul mate that is" Or just me who has a problem.
There's no such thing as a perfect match, or soul mate. There are just those that you can fall in love with, and since you're both such an overall decent match you don't really have to try or otherwise "work" to keep things going. Or since there's that much love behind it, it's not work to you to change certain things to keep things going.

Still lookin' myself.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:07 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttz View Post
There is no such thing, and the sooner you realize this the sooner you can be at peace with yourself. Try to find the best person you can find, to be happy with and try not to be too picky. Remember you are not perfect, and your mate should not be expected to be perfect as well.
Wow, me thinks we have a case of a highjacked moniker!

Old 06-29-2009, 10:10 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,592,276 times
Quote:
Is there actually a perfect partner?
Yeah, but he's taken. By me.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships