Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 11:37 AM

442 posts, read 615,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
You shouldnt...male or female. No one owes anyone anything in this life. Thats why i believe in the 33.33 + 16.67 policy. Pregnancy should NOT be an excuse. If she doesnt have it, i want nothing to do with that woman
Well, I doubt you have much to worry about...you don't seem to like women...so why worry about pregnancy or marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 12:53 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Thankfully I don't need your help or that of a strong, manly man who will graciously consider my opinions before bringing the law down on my head.
Hey, that's cool -neither do I!

Old 09-27-2012, 03:18 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
At the end of the day I don't think this is good for a man or mate. It inhibits growth and learning. You will always have your areas of expertise that he cannot have since no person can be an expert in all areas. If he's fooled into thinking that he always knows what's best, and doesn't accept the fact that he must submit to your expertise in whatever area, that only hurts the both of you. It's vice/versa as well.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:22 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,730,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth the W8 View Post
Women's suffrage was a success thanks to courageous women in the 1800's, followed by many women in subsequent eras demanding and succesfully obtaining, for the most part, equal treatment and pay in US.

Gone are the days of barefoot and preagnant, along with the Leave it to Beaver, "June what's for dinner" way of life. Our economy is built on 2 income households, few women have the option NOT to work.

For you single women out there, would you give it all up, the job, the independence and all the trappings if given the chance to marry a strong and succesful, but painfully old fashioned man? He would love and cherish you, be kind, affectionate and attentive to the children. He would also insist on bearing any burdens and making all the important decisions for the family. He would want a wife to be obedient and supportive, You'd be expeced to keep a tidy house and have dinner ready with a smile when he gets home.

Just curious how many women out there want to meet and marry a provider and a "daddy" figure versus a partner, and equal contributor.
Isn't there some middle ground? As in,

A man who will provide his fair share of the expenses, share decision making and veto powers with me and celebrate that I am a strong woman, therefore a top-shelf grade mate?

Old 09-27-2012, 05:09 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
You shouldnt...male or female. No one owes anyone anything in this life. Thats why i believe in the 33.33 + 16.67 policy. Pregnancy should NOT be an excuse. If she doesnt have it, i want nothing to do with that woman
I have a feeling you won't really have to worry about it since most women won't want a partner that is essentially a roommate.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:33 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,557,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
What difference does it make?
Why should anyone have the final word just cuz he has a ding dong?
This made me laugh (and now I'm hungry for a ding dong...thanks! )

I do not want or need a man to take care of me. I take care of myself. I prefer to be with someone because I enjoy BEING with him and he enhances my life, not because I can't pay my own bills.

However, if I'm sick or something, it's nice to have him there.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:40 PM

840 posts, read 1,147,609 times
Having an obedient and loving spouse who's willing to stay at home to care for the children and have dinner ready and a nice bath drawn for me by the time I get home from work sounds like a perfect marriage.

But nowadays we've got to accept this gender equality thing...

I guess I'll just have to settle with a husband who's willing to cook while I do the other housework like taking out the trash.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioque View Post
Having an obedient and loving spouse who's willing to stay at home to care for the children and have dinner ready and a nice bath drawn for me by the time I get home from work sounds like a perfect marriage.

But nowadays we've got to accept this gender equality thing...

I guess I'll just have to settle with a husband who's willing to cook while I do the other housework like taking out the trash.
Sounds like leave it to beaver.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:23 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Sounds like leave it to beaver.
It seems to me a lot of men want the Leave it to Beaver life, but they also want the woman to make her own money and help support the family. So....basically they want all the positives but none of the drawbacks.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It seems to me a lot of men want the Leave it to Beaver life, but they also want the woman to make her own money and help support the family. So....basically they want all the positives but none of the drawbacks.
Someone left me a rep comment "women's lib messed everything up", which was no doubt from a man who is too cowardly to leave his anonymous user ID. I can't think of anything better than being liberated from the numb nut types that hang around this forum and whine about women.

To the person who left it, have you stopped to consider that maybe it's not in the cards for you to have what you want? Not everybody gets what they want, when they want. You need to learn to grow up and deal with life as an adult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships