Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 10:42 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,681,129 times

Advertisements

Best friend.
If we can be that first, no problems.
No one-upping, no superiority complexes, no wanting to outdo him; letting him be a man. Ideally, I'd be a mom first and he'd be, well, the man. Old fashioned isn't as bad as it sounds I guess. Sure would be good for our kids!
Now the guy will say "You need to get to work...find a better job." (A friend totally supports hers -- yeah, I guess they're equals. She wears the pants in that house! I think she's more manly than he is!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 11:05 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth the W8 View Post
Women's suffrage was a success thanks to courageous women in the 1800's, followed by many women in subsequent eras demanding and succesfully obtaining, for the most part, equal treatment and pay in US.

Gone are the days of barefoot and preagnant, along with the Leave it to Beaver, "June what's for dinner" way of life. Our economy is built on 2 income households, few women have the option NOT to work.

For you single women out there, would you give it all up, the job, the independence and all the trappings if given the chance to marry a strong and succesful, but painfully old fashioned man? He would love and cherish you, be kind, affectionate and attentive to the children. He would also insist on bearing any burdens and making all the important decisions for the family. He would want a wife to be obedient and supportive, You'd be expeced to keep a tidy house and have dinner ready with a smile when he gets home.

Just curious how many women out there want to meet and marry a provider and a "daddy" figure versus a partner, and equal contributor.
Up to a point. Obedient is where you lost me. Other than that, I love doing things for the right man, yes, even "waiting" on him. And other things I don't consider a chore if he gives as much as I do in a relationship--and I do give a lot. I want him to feel as special as he makes me feel.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:11 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Maybe you should try juggling or something. Spice up your act a little; make it a little less boring.
Or just smack em silly whenever they start to yawn and nod off...

j/k

LMAO. Nice.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:59 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
If Jane's dad is available I guess I could make the sacrifice.

Seriously though. If the man forces me to take his paycheck every week and pays all the bills, I would have to do it. I would dress in sexy lingerie on our day/days of the week and when he comes home from work on special occasions ,I would lead him to the bathroom for his bubblebath and wash him here and there.

The meals will be either homemade or restaurant delivered. No need to dress up so we can go to a fancy restaurant, I'll get our meals delivered.

And if he wants kids, then he will take care of them when the nanny goes home. I will sacrifice for him and give him a child or two. And yes, I want a cat.

Old 06-30-2009, 07:31 AM

113 posts, read 235,440 times
no way...... independent and equal I say screw traditionall! anless it happaned to work out that way!x

Old 06-30-2009, 07:46 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,171,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
If Jane's dad is available I guess I could make the sacrifice.

Seriously though. If the man forces me to take his paycheck every week and pays all the bills, I would have to do it. I would dress in sexy lingerie on our day/days of the week and when he comes home from work on special occasions ,I would lead him to the bathroom for his bubblebath and wash him here and there.

The meals will be either homemade or restaurant delivered. No need to dress up so we can go to a fancy restaurant, I'll get our meals delivered.

And if he wants kids, then he will take care of them when the nanny goes home. I will sacrifice for him and give him a child or two. And yes, I want a cat.

LOL....I'm with you but I say restaurant delivered all the time, or the nanny can do it (hire one that cooks and cleans too, my friend did it!!) I already have a cat though...

Old 06-30-2009, 08:03 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza986 View Post
no way...... independent and equal I say screw traditionall! anless it happaned to work out that way!x
How can you do that???

Independent in a relationship? You are a couple. You have to consult each other when you are a couple. No longer are you one but two.

Give it some thought.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:05 AM

113 posts, read 235,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
How can you do that???

Independent in a relationship? You are a couple. You have to consult each other when you are a couple. No longer are you one but two.

Give it some thought.
I mean. Financially independent..

Old 06-30-2009, 09:20 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza986 View Post
I mean. Financially independent..
Going Dutch.?

What does that mean anyways?

Old 06-30-2009, 09:28 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,383,442 times
Nope. Do not want a man to take care of me.

I grew up in a two-parent home where my mom was the head of the household and worked and its hard for me to even imagine allowing someone to financially support me. I was taught young to make my own money and to create financial independence for myself.

Can't even see it any other way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships