Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 02:46 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-ever-learning View Post
Well the truth if terrible would lead to a break-up rather than delaying the inevitable if it is to come. If she wants to leave, why not just leave? Why hang on?
Thats what I said man. Just differently than what your used to methinks. See ya later hon, I'm already moving on. Nevertheless, young and relationships means extra grief and pain. It's tough to move past things, like I said in my other post, things are gonna shake out as they will regardless of any advice. All one can do is hope for the best and get ready for the worst..................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 02:48 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,648,168 times
Quote:
I told him if she's leading to break up her mind is already made up and there's no changing it. Otherwise I don't know what's going on
You should stay out of it. Listen, but don't talk bad about her. Let him figure it out. This stuff can ruin friendships.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:53 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth the W8 View Post
Taking a " 2 week separation" is a nice way to absolve yourself of the guilt of cheating on someone. "I didn't cheat, we were separated at the time"...Sketchy.
Exactly. It's a cop-out. Breaks are also for people who don't want to actually go through the process of breaking up.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:05 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,856,278 times
Quote:
Ok, this isn't my issue, but rather my friend's issue. If you want to read what all I went through, just read my threads. Any way....

So he and his fiance have been together for nearly 6 years. They were going to get married on the 6th year they were together. The other day they got into an argument because she went out with her girlfriend's and her ex happened to be there. Well they apparently had a rockin' good time. No sex from what I gather.

She doesn't tell my friend that she was hanging out with her ex. Buuuuuuuut one of the girls that was there with her blurted out that they couldn't believe how much fun they had with those guys. Well, my friend got more than a bit upset. One, she was hanging out and having fun with her ex. Two, she omitted that part of the night from him.

They argue. The next day she wants to seperate for 2 weeks so she can "figure things out." From what I'm told the argument was nonviolent, just a lot of yelling. Neither has been or is prone to physical violence. She was 18 and he was 22 when they started dating. Now they are 24 and soon to be 28 respectively.

My thought is, that she got into a serious relationship way to young. She didn't live the party hard college life style and got a taste of it that night.

What do you feel?

I hate to say it but your friend should not marry this girl. If two people can't be completely honest with each other, especially when she saw her ex there is no future but future pain. Marriage is not about moving to the next stage in life’s of tasks of what to do. It is about love, respect and two people becoming one. This young woman still has feeling for her ex and I would not be surprised if she is not openly sleeping with him. Your friend’s fiancé want her cake and eat it too. That’s not the recipe for a good marriage. I know you’re a good friend and he is going to need you more that ever when he finally knows for himself that he deserves better. I hate to have to give such advice to good people but when he does meet the right woman he will now from experience what women he should leave at the curb. Peace brother.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
She is not ready to settle down yet.
Some women never do until it's too late.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That-Guy View Post
Exactly, and I bet they didn't run into each other on accident. Prob was talking to him on facebook or myspace and planned it.

Dude you know it! I put a monies bet she is sleeping with the ex pretty often.

Old 07-01-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Well the truth if terrible would lead to a break-up rather than delaying the inevitable if it is to come. If she wants to leave, why not just leave? Why hang on?
Why did she not? Probably because she did not have the backbone or honesty to do so. She would rather have him find out through other people that her ex is occupying her inner space. Not cool!

Old 07-01-2009, 03:14 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,542,136 times
Quote:
To keep her options open. She wants to explore other options and if they don't work out, she can go back. Also, break-ups are uncomfortable and 2 weeks postpones it and maybe he'll be the one to break-up.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:36 AM

471 posts, read 1,042,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
You should stay out of it. Listen, but don't talk bad about her. Let him figure it out. This stuff can ruin friendships.

Having gone through a similar situation I look at it this way. The girl has a bad case of the can't-help-its. If that's what she chooses to do, then so be it. Better for my friend to learn now than later. If that's who she wants to be more power to her. No sense in me judging who she wants to be. It would suck for my friend, but it isn't the end of the world.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:39 AM

471 posts, read 1,042,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
Some women never do until it's too late.

Like I told my ex wife, I hope this girl comes to her senses before it's to late and she winds up with 2 kids and a dead beat dad. But again, if that's the life she chooses, well good for her and I hope it makes her happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships