Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 09:39 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,865,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaya View Post
I'm not fat at all...and single! Why am I single?!
Get real people you are single not because you are fat or lazy or not from the cover of a magazine ,you are single because you choose to! Because you don't want to lower your standards and be realistic! Because you don't give people a chance and look for someone to astonish you from the first minute you talk to him/her! When I say astonish I don't necessary refer to looks, real people can be stunning but after you get to know them a little! They are not some character from a book made to entertain you and of course they don't always look like movie stars!
Hey Aya...I love your post. I have to tell you this. I have a niece who is absolutely stunning; looks a lot like Courtney Cox. Anyhow, she spent 10 years living with this guy who used her for her money, a place to live and all the rest that goes with it. I spent years telling her that she had to stop looking at the outside package that a man can present and look more into a guys heart and what he wants out of life. Her boyfriend at this time was Puerto Rican and really handsome...very latino looking. So, finally she broke it off with him when his Mom bought her engagement ring. Can you imagine??? She dated for a couple of years but never did find that right person.

For the past 4 months or so now, she has been dating this guy who drives a FedEx truck and goes to school part time and has wanted to ask her out for the past year. Lo and behold, he is nothing that would knock your socks off, is rather slightly built, is I believe African American and White mix, loves kids, family, home life and above all else HER!! He has a real healthy respect for who she is and what she wants from life and supports her decisions so far. Believe it or not, they are in love and I am so happy for her.

Yes, people stay single because they choose to but more times than not, it is also because that special someone who takes your breath away hasn't crossed your path. I will tell you the same as I told her...when you least expect it there he will be standing in front of you and you won't be able to talk or catch your breath..those butterflies in your tummy will tell you that he is the one worth pursuing.

Stay happy................CP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 10:43 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,635,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
so b/c it's hard is a good reason not to do it? It was hard for me too and i did it. People just like to make excuses.
People are willing to work hard for the things they think are worth it. For example, I'll work hard to get a promotion or get a degree cause I think those are worth the hard work. But some people will decide that working hard to stay trim in order to be attractive to the opposite sex isn't worth it. I work hard to stay in shape, but I don't do to appeal to women. That's just a bonus.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:56 PM
NSX

877 posts, read 2,167,194 times
It's so annoying how everyone just assumes it's just as easy for each individual to lose weight.

I'm 6'0 165 with around 11% bodyfat, but I have walk 4 miles a day and eat <1200 calories to maintain that physique. I still have a little bit of chub around my stomach, never have had a six-pack in my life. With a normal diet and exercise, I'm around 205.

I see people at work who will just sit in their cubicles all day, drink coffee and eat junk food, and they have a slimmer build than I do. It would be nice if people could be a little bit less judgmental. I can see how people are not attracted to people who are obese, that makes sense, but so many people nowadays demand the other person to be close to physical perfection to even consider them date-worthy.

Isn't our supermodel/hollywood obsessed society great? :-/

Old 07-17-2009, 03:14 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,441,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
If I go out to dinner with the gf, and I find nothing on the menu that I like or is healthy I will sit through an entire meal and not eat a thing. Then stop on the way home for chicken breast and vegggies.

Wow. How did she get so lucky?

Old 07-17-2009, 03:24 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,634,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Why don`t we try harder not to be fat? Food is GOOD!

This is the way of sumo.....................

Old 07-17-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Yes, I'm a gym rat, and the majority of guys who work out at my gym are in their 20s. There are a few around my age who work out regularly, but overall the proportion of thirty-somethings (and older) guys don't really place fitness as a top priority.
They have families, careers, responsibilities. What they don't have is lots of time to work out.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:10 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
^For me, my job is active enough I don't need to pay out at some gym for a workout--I get my workout, and they pay ME on top of it.

Old 07-17-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
^For me, my job is active enough I don't need to pay out at some gym for a workout--I get my workout, and they pay ME on top of it.
Lucky man.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:03 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
Extreme Bodies - Smallest Waist on a Living Person (http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records/human_body/extreme_bodies/smallest_waist_on_a_living_person.aspx - broken link)

Is this what some of you guys are looking for? I found it disturbing, myself.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:22 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,417,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwv View Post
There are a lot of women who would be attractive to me and many other fit single guys if they'd just shed 20-40 pounds and tone up a little.
Yeah, so how do you know they'd be attracted to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships