Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 04:48 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times

Advertisements

I always thought plus sized people were emotional eaters, had a lack of exercise, and or a medical condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'M' View Post
I keep seeing this thread...it is amazing to me that it has so many posts...posts that simplify an issue that for some, isn't 'simple'...and it also does not mean that the people others would term 'fat' are lazy, stupid, or blah-blah-blah. I won't go any further with my post because there will always be someone out there who will take what I say to task. I salute those of you who are able post tolerant responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2009, 05:54 PM

804 posts, read 1,964,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
If you're one of those people who uses this excuse, it's no wonder you're fat. It means you gave up. I have more respect for the works hard to get in shape, but never gets there than the person who doesn't bother cause he or she is convinced the food supply is rigged to make sure they fail.
Thank you for demonstrating my point about making assumptions I'm 5'11" and weigh 140. I eat mostly vegetarian and organic. More broccoli and garlic, please.

How about people who go into anaphylactic shock after eating peanuts or other allergens? Perhaps they are just "making an excuse" to get out of work or school huh?

Last edited by nomore07; 07-27-2009 at 06:21 PM..

Old 07-27-2009, 06:11 PM

804 posts, read 1,964,746 times
Default Why don't stoopid people try harder not to be dumb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
It may not be an excuse but more of a persisting difficulty or sensitivity for some that are affected by contaminates more so than others.
Thank you artsy, for shining a glimmer of intelligence into CD Where should I begin... hypothyroidism, altered or deficient GI flora, hepatic or renal accumulation of heavy metals, hypochlorhydria, pancreatic insufficiency, hyperoxaluria, PCOS, impaired methionine-cysteine or P450 cycle...

Old 07-27-2009, 08:33 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
You are welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomore07 View Post
Thank you artsy, for shining a glimmer of intelligence into CD Where should I begin... hypothyroidism, altered or deficient GI flora, hepatic or renal accumulation of heavy metals, hypochlorhydria, pancreatic insufficiency, hyperoxaluria, PCOS, impaired methionine-cysteine or P450 cycle...

Old 07-27-2009, 10:41 PM

64 posts, read 114,243 times
WWOOOOWWWWW! Really? I'm single and far from fat. In fact, most of the fat people I know are married. Maybe single fatties are specific to the area you live in???

Old 07-28-2009, 10:09 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
It may not be an excuse but more of a persisting difficulty or sensitivity for some that are affected by contaminates more so than others.
Some people are more sensitive to contaminants than others. But the post I was responding sounded like an excuse. For every person who has a food sensitivity or a thyroid issue, there are far more who just eat poorly and don't exercise.

Quote:
Thank you for demonstrating my point about making assumptions I'm 5'11" and weigh 140. I eat mostly vegetarian and organic. More broccoli and garlic, please.

How about people who go into anaphylactic shock after eating peanuts or other allergens? Perhaps they are just "making an excuse" to get out of work or school huh?
We're talking about people who are overweight. I never said that everyone who eats contaminated food is overweight. But when you have people who sue McDonalds for making them fat or say that high fructose corn syrup in the food made them gain weight, how can you not say they're making excuses? If you know HCFS is in the food, then why are you eating it?

Quote:
Can you find a study that shows this is true for every overweight person? We're not debating whether the food is contaminated or whether that causes serious health issues. But I refuse to include people who obviously don't take care of themselves in that category.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships