Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 10:19 AM

1,629 posts, read 3,477,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
That's sort of contradictory, no?
Bingo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 10:25 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eger View Post
If she doesn't like it she can hit the bricks
He's a really nice guy.............

Old 07-02-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
If she doesn't like it she can hit the bricks...
Quote:
He's a really nice guy.............
LOL

Old 07-02-2009, 10:57 AM

857 posts, read 1,422,474 times
I think alcohol plays a larger role than most people think. My weight fluctuates depending on my relationship status (I was 230 when I met my last gf, when we broke up I was 205. I call it the girlfriend diet ) because I drink way more alcohol when I am trying to meet a new girl than when I am in a relationship. It's mainly because when I am single I have to go out to bars and try to meet girls and so I end up drinking the confidence juice 3-4 times a week. And then if I strike out I just drink more and end up drinking too much and when I am drunk I need something to eat and the only places open are fast food type places. So I eat something I wouldn't if I was sober and that just adds to the problem.

But when I do meet someone new I lose a lot of weight. I get to have more nights staying in and sitting around drinking wine is a million times better for me than a typical bar night when I am single. I eat better and drink less and the weight just seems to fall off. That and the extra "exercise" from a gf helps take off the pounds too . Seriously sex is literally the best workout in the world.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
I think alcohol plays a larger role than most people think. My weight fluctuates depending on my relationship status (I was 230 when I met my last gf, when we broke up I was 205. I call it the girlfriend diet ) because I drink way more alcohol when I am trying to meet a new girl than when I am in a relationship. It's mainly because when I am single I have to go out to bars and try to meet girls and so I end up drinking the confidence juice 3-4 times a week. And then if I strike out I just drink more and end up drinking too much and when I am drunk I need something to eat and the only places open are fast food type places. So I eat something I wouldn't if I was sober and that just adds to the problem.

But when I do meet someone new I lose a lot of weight. I get to have more nights staying in and sitting around drinking wine is a million times better for me than a typical bar night when I am single. I eat better and drink less and the weight just seems to fall off. That and the extra "exercise" from a gf helps take off the pounds too . Seriously sex is literally the best workout in the world.
Not just a workout, but an antidepressant, too!

I'm the same way. I have to admit I fill loneliness (or maybe just boredom) with alcohol. When I'm with someone, I drink way less.

Old 07-02-2009, 11:52 AM

1,086 posts, read 3,360,145 times
Quote:
That's sort of contradictory, no?
It's not contradictory, if someone at work, and friend, or even a total stranger was to ask for help I would have no problem helping them with weightloss.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:34 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwv View Post
With the news today about obesity rates rising yet again and with 2/3 of adult Americans overweight or obese it made me think about how many single people I know who would be more successful on the dating market if they weren't fat. This affects women more the men but many men also lose opportunities due to being pot-bellied or worse.

There are a lot of women who would be attractive to me and many other fit single guys if they'd just shed 20-40 pounds and tone up a little.

Since you tend to see fat people only dating other fat people is this just the way things should be?
Why should women starve themselves? Why should women strive to be the same size as supermodels--size 2--and not the average size which is 12 or 14? I've actually seen some of the women on those weight loss commercials that looked better BEFORE they lost the weight. Sharp, angular faces, and angular bodies don't appeal; neither does the concept of them losing weight in their chests appeal much to me.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Why should women starve themselves? Why should women strive to be the same size as supermodels--size 2--and not the average size which is 12 or 14? I've actually seen some of the women on those weight loss commercials that looked better BEFORE they lost the weight. Sharp, angular faces, and angular bodies don't appeal; neither does the concept of them losing weight in their chests appeal much to me.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:14 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
Quote:
I constantly yell at my gf for eating crap, I guess thats how she maintains 106lbs...lol
Boy, she really hit the jackpot.

If I were dating someone, I wouldn't pressure them to adopt my habits. I would, however, try to present a good example and hope it rubs off on them.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:45 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
I would say more people that are married are fat than single, just my observation. I've been single and skinny my whole life. Also drinking alcohol has different effects on everyone. For me, the years I was drinking, I actually kept weight off. I could drink about 12 to 18 beers per day and eat nothing but pizza/taco bell and I was about 135 pounds. Now I dont drink anymore and am working out really hard and I'm up to 170, although I am much healthier now.
I had a similar experience, but father time slows us down. I was more of a six pack and chicken sandwich kind of life. As I was on the road and often eating at the airport Bennigans. As time went on the pounds crept up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships