Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 12:46 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover
I think they are called EMO's these days but I could be wrong

emo 33902 up, 13196 downAn entire subculture of people (usually angsty teens) with a fake personality. The concept of Emo is actually a vicious cycle that never ends, to the utter failing of humanity, and it goes something like this:

1. Girls say they like "sensitive guys" (lie)
2. Guy finds out, so he listens to faggy emo music and dresses like a dork so chicks will see that he is sensitive and not afraid to express himself (lie). He dyes his hair black, wraps himself in a stupid looking scarf, develops an eating disorder, and rants about how "nobody understands".
3. Now an emo guy, he meets Emo chick and they start dating, talking about how their well-off suburban lifestyles are terrible and depressing (lie)
4. Emo guy is just too much of a *****. His penis is too small, he's too depressed to bathe, and has more mood swings than emo chick, and he doesn't even have a menstrual cycle. Emo chick dumps him, saying "It's not you, it's me." (lie) as she drives off with Wayne, the school jock and captain of the football team.
5. Emo guy goes home and cries, proceeds to write a weak song and strum a single string on his acoustic guitar. Another emo chick sees how he is so in touch with his feelings, and the cycle continues.

This is the sad truth of the emo lifestyle/music, and now that I look at how pathetic it really is, maybe the emos DO have something to cry about!
When she sees how sensitive and emo I have become, she'll definately go out with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Thank God that fad is starting to die out. I had to go to high school with those losers.
Could this be the reason the attacks on gay teens are declining?

If there were a few of these types in my HS, I would have had an easy time, sticking to my studies and preparing to be an upstanding citizen. Surely, the school toughs would have fought with THEM, stolen THEIR posessions and torched THEIR lockers and I could have sailed through, under the radar.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:59 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Mir,

you've made a great point here. I really need to take note because I am the guy you're talking about.

Good stuff

haha, yes! and spread the word to your fellow males! :-D

Old 07-02-2009, 06:34 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
They didn't start out that way, that's the difference. Once you're with someone and have already fallen in love with them you sometimes put up wiht crap from them you wouldn't if they'd done it while you hardly knew them.

Some say women let their looks go after they're comfortably snuggled into the relationship but men let themselves go in other ways, their character/personality--fart, belch, f bombs, flirting, among other things....
Yeah, but men let their physical appearance go too. Probably more than we women do. Prime example - I'm very fit. My husband is not.

Old 07-02-2009, 07:34 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
How am I supposed to talk to guys who go on and on about their cars and their drugs or worse yet, they talk about C++ and seem to know a great deal about physics. How?

Old 07-02-2009, 08:37 PM

543 posts, read 999,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
How am I supposed to talk to guys who go on and on about their cars and their drugs or worse yet, they talk about C++ and seem to know a great deal about physics. How?
Ask them how those things work.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:40 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay_jay26 View Post
Ask them how those things work.
I know you are trying to help, but that actually doesnt help me at all since, I'm not interested in how those things work.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:11 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
Quote:
I know you are trying to help, but that actually doesnt help me at all since, I'm not interested in how those things work.
you don't have to be interested. Its a conversation and can lead to discussions of more interesting topics

Old 07-02-2009, 09:16 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I have seen to much evidence that confirms that MANY women like those types of guys.

I just see to much childlike behavior from guys that are married and in a LTR.

I always find myself thinking "WTF is wrong with me, this jerk is invovled but I am single, I am NOT seeing something".

Why on earth would any women want to get involed with a crybaby that can't even take care of himslef let alone provide for her. BUT many women do get involved with these guys.

Whatever happen to men that where "stand up" men. They had a presence that exudes respect. Not anymore.....

Speak your mind and chime in?

THIS NOT ABOUT ME, NOR AM I SEEKING ADVICE

I was just trying to get some fresh dialouge started. If you've noticed this please feel free to respond.

Well, I am a woman and I feel the same way. I see guys with really high maintenance drama queens and I guess that is what they want.

Your post is a good one.

Those kind of women don't want you because they can't push you around and have an "equal" relationship.

Some don't want someone they can love, they want a status symbol or to say

"Oh, John is a VP for the Moron Oil Company"

or

"My husband is a bag carrier for a progolfer and we have a huge beige box mansion with 3 kids with trendy names."

Old 07-02-2009, 09:17 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,145 times
Quote:
Eh? I like C# (++ is so 2004). Think I talk to anyone I date about the engine overhauls I've done to my mustang, or programming?

Maybe if she's got insomnia that might be a good idea. But not usually. There's always music, current events, how they view things, etc..If they're droning on about it, I'd just try to change the subject to something like that. Or there's always the good standby, sex.

Old 07-02-2009, 09:18 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Quote:
I can talk about physics and I love to discuss our origins, space, politics, history, you name it, but I have met guys who said, "Oh, let's not talk about that stuff."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships