Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 11:13 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,498,035 times

Advertisements

When you ask for what you want, you may just get it.

I'm a little late on updating, but I met a man from Connecticut who travels here often. We've gone out a few times and we get along really well. He is a total and complete gentleman, retired early, with a great sense of humor and a very kind nature. He has lots of free time, loves to travel and gives a great deal back to the community.

He seems almost too good to be true. We've been on 6 dates, had wonderful dinners (and a lunch or two) and spent hours talking in person and on the phone. I've been to his hotel room, more than once, shared a few glasses of wine over great conversation. He has yet to put the moves on me. We have kissed briefly, but that's it.

I'm not complaining. I LOVE it! I'm not easy, but I don't have x amount of dates rules either. Still, I have never been in a situation, after even 3 dates, where a man hasn't at least tried. He clearly has the desire by kissing me (and the way he kisses me), but he keeps his hands to himself. It's usually when we end the date.

So, while I respect him for it, I'm shaking my head. I'm not immune to the shallow thinking of most these days, especially on that site. Most men would have moved on by now; his tastes are quite upscale. And I'd venture to say he can have just about any woman he wants, in multiple positions, after ONE date.

Again, I'm not complaining. I'm pleasantly surprised. Giggly actually. I really enjoy being with him.

Then again, he could be a serial killer who wants to turn me into a leather jacket, with my luck.

"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 11:24 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,952,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
He seems almost too good to be true.
Hmm... you took the strokes from my fingers...

Well, he's seeking some sort of arrangement, but who is to know what kind exactly... Impotent? STD and honest (doubtful)? Married and seeking companionship? Guess the possibilities are endless.

While I'm not familiar with this site, the name of it does imply less than serious deals.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:28 PM

37,460 posts, read 45,666,657 times
Yeah...agree with Sierra. But cool that you met someone that has tickled your fancy so much.

Now, if he's from out of town, how do you know he isn't married?

Old 07-01-2009, 11:34 PM

He has given me all his info along with his home number and told me to call anytime. Con artists can be pretty convincing, but we'll have to see. So far he seems legit. My conditions are pretty simple; no married men, no drugs or other harmful addictions and no pay for play scenarios. I'm looking for someone successful for the stability it offers, not for what it gets me/him. Seems he is on the same page.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:36 PM

37,460 posts, read 45,666,657 times
Well good luck, definitely keep us posted on it. Sounds pretty interesting.

Oh...have you googled him?

Old 07-01-2009, 11:38 PM

51,907 posts, read 52,312,474 times
Nothing in life is free, or without comprise of some sorts.

JMHO.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well good luck, definitely keep us posted on it. Sounds pretty interesting.

Oh...have you googled him?
Yes, he's actually listed. And I haven't found anything that sets off alarms, yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Nothing in life is free, or without comprise of some sorts.

JMHO.
So very true. Just all depends on what one is willing to compromise....or sell.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:42 PM

Are you well-off by any chance?

Old 07-01-2009, 11:43 PM

Not at all, but I do well for myself.

Old 07-01-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Not at all, but I do well for myself.
Well enough for somebody to be attracted to the lifestyle...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships