Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2009, 06:47 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,372,858 times

Advertisements

The above statement is a fact and was one of the first lessons I learned when I had an interest in electronics. The same may not hold true in relationships I suppose because as people many of us started out trying to hammer the square peg into the round hole and the mentality followed us through the different stages in life.
A guy I play Tennis with that is much younger than I am just moved in with a women that is not yet divorced and has had several encounters with her husband. My tennis partner almost seems to take pleasure in the problems that have come from his circumstances. At first I thought maybe I'm too old, maybe when I was his age I might have thought differently but no, thats not it. I would never have gotten into that mess in the first place.
Some problems may be over come in the pursuit of a lasting relationship but aren't some obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 07:10 AM

36,492 posts, read 30,820,705 times
I believe some people really enjoy drama. I have known a few people that just didnt seem happy unless they had some sort of conflict going on.
I have more than enough problems of my own, I have no energy to deal with anyone elses. Even when I was young and dating I had no patience for ex wife/gf drama or any other kind for that matter.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:38 AM

951 posts, read 1,810,523 times
Default Relationships also take the path of least resistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
Some problems may be over come in the pursuit of a lasting relationship but aren't some obvious.
For women who can't resist a man, there is little resistance.

For the rest..................

Old 07-08-2009, 11:49 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,023,591 times
Some people just love the drama, or haven't figured it out yet.

I used to work with a woman who had two young daughters with a married man she was having an affair with. This guy lived in a house with his wife and 5 other kids, but would apparently tell the wife he was on a business trip, when he'd take 3 or 4 days every two weeks to spend with Belinda and the two girls. He led a double life - having two households. He kept stringing Belinda along telling her that he was going to leave his wife for her - for years! Belinda's girls thought daddy lived at home with them, and that daddy's job took him away every couple of weeks on business.

One day, after talking to the rest of us ladies in the office and realizing her situation was never going to change, Belinda decided to go over to Eric's house and take her two daughters along with her to confront the wife, so that Eric could be hers.

It backfired. Eric's wife apparently confronted Eric, then Eric came over and confronted Belinda, then the very next day Eric and his wife and 5 kids moved out of the house. Belinda went over there and everything was gone. He had changed his number or had it disconnected, he shut down his business and they were gone.

Then she put everyone through the wringer by threatening to commit suicide and kill her daughters.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:57 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,537,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post

I used to work with a woman who had two young daughters with a married man she was having an affair with. This guy lived in a house with his wife and 5 other kids, but would apparently tell the wife he was on a business trip, when he'd take 3 or 4 days every two weeks to spend with Belinda and the two girls. He led a double life - having two households. He kept stringing Belinda along telling her that he was going to leave his wife for her - for years! Belinda's girls thought daddy lived at home with them, and that daddy's job took him away every couple of weeks on business.

One day, after talking to the rest of us ladies in the office and realizing her situation was never going to change, Belinda decided to go over to Eric's house and take her two daughters along with her to confront the wife, so that Eric could be hers.

It backfired. Eric's wife apparently confronted Eric, then Eric came over and confronted Belinda, then the very next day Eric and his wife and 5 kids moved out of the house. Belinda went over there and everything was gone. He had changed his number or had it disconnected, he shut down his business and they were gone.

Then she put everyone through the wringer by threatening to commit suicide and kill her daughters.
Yeah, I have little tolerance for drama queens.

Old 07-08-2009, 12:11 PM

951 posts, read 1,810,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post

If the pherimones that this guy had (and used to attract women) could be put into an aerosol that unsuccessful men could spray on themselves, most relationship problems would end. There would be a level playing field and women would start to look at these situations rationally. Until then, the carnage continues.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:38 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
We need a license to drive.
We need permits to build/modify homes.
We need a license to fish.
Heck we even sometimes need a permit to have a yard sale

Yet...

We don't need anything to have children.

And it shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships