Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 03:29 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I believe in marriage (I also believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy!!!) but I'd never get married again!!! Not to say my spouse is bad or that I have a bad marriage, but I just would never do it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 03:35 PM

364 posts, read 527,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8ie22088 View Post
i think tht marriage is a waste of time...i don t need a dress cake and a party to tell some one i love them...i think weddings r a perfect point to show off wealth and popularity, not to mention what if it doesn t work out? i don t know about u but i happen to like the things i have i don t want to worry about losing my couch if my husband and i divorce. i think that we as humans r like every other animal on earth; and therefore having a relationship with one person for life goes against nature. but of course i m still young and unfamiliar to the world around
I agree with some of what you say regarding the ceremony itself. I always wanted a destination wedding without family and I am so lucky my fiance likes the idea as well. It is just going to be the two of us in beautiful Southern California resort minus the familys. I am going to wear a baby blue dress and regular shoes. No vail or any of that. Just an evening dress. And we are saving alot on not having a large cermony and reception. Because of that we are staying at a very nice resort and I no budget on my dress. As I see it, it's our day. I don't want to spend thousands feeding my distant relatives at a reception. And all the stress. I have heard so many tails of brides loosing weight and having problems with the family. I think it is ridiculas to get that stressed out over your wedding. It's one day. I would hate nine months of planning. One meeting with a travel agent, one stop at a department store and a marriage license. Done!

Old 04-17-2007, 03:41 PM

44 posts, read 42,037 times
Im waiting for rance´s opinion...
But now, ill listen Whole lotta rossie song.

Old 04-17-2007, 03:58 PM

48 posts, read 263,248 times
You're 22? Sorry, I had to chuckle. I met my future husband when I was 23 and he was 24. He said pretty much the same thing you're saying, Annihilator_, without all the free love stuff. No marriage, no kids, too much inconvenience, too much responsibility. Two kids and 15 years of marriage later, his idea of independence is VERY different. Marriage IS tough. It's hard work, but it's also very fulfilling when it's going good. The fact that we continue to make our marriage work is one of the things we're most proud of (well, that and our kids).

That's not to say that your views will change, too, but don't be very surprised if they do!

Old 04-17-2007, 04:02 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilator_ View Post
You will need more than a couple of words to scare me.
Ill continue with my life without any kind of preocupations.
And ill be more happy in this way (and much satisfied) than any "normal" husband.
I don't want to scare you, but if you don't think there are consequences from this life style then go ahead. Why did you even ask the question in the first place, looks like you're going to sleep around no matter what anyone says.

Old 04-17-2007, 04:11 PM

Consequences?
You mean aids?Thats a joke, uh?
Life is too short for being all the time with the same partner.
But, do what you want.I believe in freedom.

http://www.crabsodyinblue.com/missxmasani.gif (broken link)

P.D:Rate my post positively, "Nort Caroline"
lol

Old 04-17-2007, 04:48 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
Ok here's mine. I was married once and was not that well off. I wore 501 blue jeans and a nice shirt and she had a nice floor length blue dress.
I have not been married since 1991...and would like to be. I miss being married. If given the opportunity I would like to see my bride in an awesome wedding gown. I think a lady just looks beautifull in a wedding dress. And although I have 2 children (just leaving the nest) at 46...I would also love to have at least one more child. I love babies. Changing diapers was never a big deal. I got so I could do it while holding my breath! But yeah...I believe in marriage.

Old 04-17-2007, 04:53 PM

366 posts, read 386,935 times
I don't think you're 22; I think you're more like 12.

I doubt that HIV is a joke to those who are dying from it or have loved ones who are, or who have.

I hope you have the decency to wrap it up good and to be honest with the young women who choose to associate with you.

On the off chance that you're actually 22 and not twelve, why don't you get a vasectomy? It would seem the logical thing to do if you don't want children.

Or is that against the Catholic religion?

Old 04-17-2007, 04:54 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Ok here's mine. I was married once and was not that well off. I wore 501 blue jeans and a nice shirt and she had a nice floor length blue dress.
I have not been married since 1991...and would like to be. I miss being married. If given the opportunity I would like to see my bride in an awesome wedding gown. I think a lady just looks beautifull in a wedding dress. And although I have 2 children (just leaving the nest) at 46...I would also love to have at least one more child. I love babies. Changing diapers was never a big deal. I got so I could do it while holding my breath! But yeah...I believe in marriage.
Wow Rance, I am typing as fast as I can to be first to answer because you will recieve many marriage proposals. I am sure I am too old for you, but I have a daughter...........

Old 04-17-2007, 04:56 PM

Think what you want.I really dont care.
I dont gonna show my dna or my photo.
Why?
Because i am not friend of put my own photos on the internet.
And one advice:Have more respect when you talk about catholics...or the catholic religion either.
The respect you have to the catholics, is the respect i have to the "glorious" protestants.
Thanks for read and sorry for the "intolerant" connotation.
I´ll be back.

Last edited by Annihilator_; 04-17-2007 at 05:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships