Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 07:53 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,324,104 times

Advertisements

Most of my relationships have been interracial; dating mostly Caucasian women. And every place Ive lived (Hawaii, California, Arizona, Europe and Australia) never once noticed any racism.

I did end up marrying and divorcing an Asian mix woman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 07:58 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,827,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Since I'm mixed...is every relationship I've been in technically interracial? *X file theme plays*.
Haha....that was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernRXMan View Post
Iam half white half Asian and have dated both races
You are? Never knew.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:05 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,187,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
For those that have or currently are, please also comment on the struggles and rewards. For example, some people bring up other people staring. Some say its curiosity, some say jealousy, hatred,etc. Whats your opinion on that? I am of mixed background(black/white) and am currently dating a white female. I have never really encountered any racism when we go out. Live in Minnesota for what its worth.
I've never mixed races. I only date females who are human.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:06 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,910,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creature of the Wheel View Post
I've never mixed races. I only date females who are human.
Didn't know they asked about species

Old 02-22-2014, 08:07 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,187,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Didn't know they asked about species
People always talk about humans being a race.

To answer the question more directly, though, yes, I have dated women who aren't white.

Old 02-22-2014, 11:55 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,517,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
Everyone in my family and many friends, including myself have been in or are in interracial relationships, so no one bats an eyelash over whomever a relative dates, marries or whatever. Depending on what part of the country we travel to, the reactions may be a little hostile or curious, but its their issue not mine. I've always dated whomever I found attractive and who liked the things I enjoy and I'm not concerned about other people's reactions to it.
A 5 year old thread? Really?

Old 02-23-2014, 02:50 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,596,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
For those that have or currently are, please also comment on the struggles and rewards. For example, some people bring up other people staring. Some say its curiosity, some say jealousy, hatred,etc. Whats your opinion on that? I am of mixed background(black/white) and am currently dating a white female. I have never really encountered any racism when we go out. Live in Minnesota for what its worth.
I've been in one interracial relationship but I've been on many interracial dates. I don't really find it weird or difficult and I prefer to date interracially. I haven't noticed any extreme staring or rudeness from random people, but I live in a pretty liberal area. The only issue I have with it is if the guy happens to have racist parents or something or if he's just looking for a fling with a black woman.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:57 PM

457 posts, read 693,389 times
I've been in two interracial relationships. Both girls were Asian. Some people stared but whatever.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:06 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,523,977 times
I have. I'm female, white, and dated an African American guy whose parents were Nigerian immigrants when we were both in our late twenties. Didn't encounter opposition or problems when out, socially, but in the end, he ultimately was not comfortable with things. He was from a very tight knit community of African immigrants, and it was very much expected that he would marry, if not a Nigerian girl, at least a black girl. When he and I met, he was going through a rebellious phase where he was consciously going different routes than he'd been groomed for in a lot of ways, but, ultimately, he did end up marrying a black girl (though not Nigerian) in a traditional Nigerian ceremony (though long after he and I parted ways). I don't think he consciously used me to rebel, but I do think that I was a "novelty" for him, in some ways. But we did genuinely like one another.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:52 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,991,667 times
Most of my relationships have been interracial. I'm white, but I tend to be drawn to darker skinned men - mostly Hispanic. I've dated Lebanese, First Nation, and Asian.

I've never had any problems, but I am also frequently mistaken for being Hispanic myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships