Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 03:40 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times

Advertisements

Well, Hispanic isn't a race, nor is Italian or European. Race and ethnicity and nationality are considered separate and distinct. If you are both white, your biological children would be white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 03:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I'm White with a Hispanic Grand mother, if I date a dark Euro woman of Italian descent, are we dating out of our perspective races. And should our children put down mixed on any of those government forms?
Lol. Sounds like my son.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:50 PM

4 posts, read 6,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Which means that he is Nigerian American NOT African American.
No, he is both. He is considered both African American and Nigerian-American. He is African American but he knows where he comes from. People in America basically group all black people who were born in America as African Americans. No one labels a black person as Kenyan-American, Angolan-American, Cape Verdean-American, etc. However, black people that were born and raised in America and have African parents do not like the term African American because many African Americans do not know where they come from. The term African American should be reserved for people who are actually African American (parents are African but they are born and raised in America). I think African Americans prefer to be called black.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:28 AM

182 posts, read 195,242 times
I am white. I dated for 5 years an Asian girl. Although she was quite Americanized, her family was not (Good & bad)

Few thoughts
- The different culture was at times (Especially early on) very exciting. New food, customs, perspective etc.
- As we became more serious, it saddened me that our children would look nothing like us (Me especially as the recessive gene).
- Also saddened me that it would be difficult for the children (like her) to fully understand what it was to be a European and more precisely from my specific country. And vice versa, I would never understand her struggles as an Asian.

I know she encountered some people saying awkward things to her but it was only a couple of times and nothing worth remembering.

Race did sometimes have a factor during sex. Such as me playing the role of the big white conquester etc.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:30 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
I'm white married to an Asian. 39 years together now.

Old 02-28-2014, 01:33 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
Non white woman seem to like me more and are more friendly to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships