Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 02:04 PM

168 posts, read 378,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
I used to do it all the time, but after getting turned down so many times, I don't even bother. If someone likes me enough, they better speak up.

AHHHHH, so its ok for a girl to give up after being turned down , but if a guy does hes a wimp????
Dont you just love our fantastic double standards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 02:08 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,234,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreeterww View Post
AHHHHH, so its ok for a girl to give up after being turned down , but if a guy does hes a wimp????
Dont you just love our fantastic double standards
Where did I say that?

It's personally easier for me not to even bother with it at all. after being rejected so many times, hell yes i've given up. if someone decides that he likes me enough to ask me out, then I might accept. but if he doesn't want to do it, then no big loss for me.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:16 PM

168 posts, read 378,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
Where did I say that?

It's personally easier for me not to even bother with it at all. after being rejected so many times, hell yes i've given up. if someone decides that he likes me enough to ask me out, then I might accept. but if he doesn't want to do it, then no big loss for me.
I was saying you said that girl. Its just that women are finally getting to see dating from a mans perspective. As far as dating, i dont date anymore and it was the best decision I ever made in my life. If i want to pursue something with a woman im interested in I would just say " lets hang out".

Old 07-10-2009, 03:30 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
It would make things much easier for somebody like myself whos kinda shy and not all that great looking i suppose so i can at least save myself the numerous embarrasments of apprroaching a girl with her friends as she gives me that oh god not this unattractive guy approaching me look before i say a word..

Its hard enough for rejcection in general but can u at least be somewhat nice about it?Allot of women act like if a man their not attracted to tries to talk to them that they should be behadeed for even tryign to approach them..

That pretty much always sucks and makes me want to go into evne more of a shell

Old 07-10-2009, 03:40 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,299,418 times
I wish I had the guts to, but I don't.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:36 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
You are so right--you have nothing to lose
In theory... yes; in practice you lose a nice "what if" fantasy having to face a harsh reality... Of course, we compare apples to oranges as always, because some people may just have a slight interest and easily say "next," while others might've invested quite a bit in this thought...

Old 07-11-2009, 02:18 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWgal View Post
I think it's not fair for the guys to have all the stress when asking out, etc. So after being friends with DH for a while, I started invited him to the theatre, to have coffee, etc. Later I even told him I liked him.
Not to mention that when YOU ask men out you get to pick the ones who are successful and have something to actually offer. Yet 99% of the female population sits passively on the side waiting for prince charming to show up. Of course the people who do show up are guys like me working the system, lmao.

If women were actually more proactive about going after the men they want they would have significantly more success.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:45 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Its hard enough for rejcection in general but can u at least be somewhat nice about it?Allot of women act like if a man their not attracted to tries to talk to them that they should be behadeed for even tryign to approach them.
I agree. That's great if you're the type of woman who gets hit on a lot and maybe you take it for granted. But is it too much to let a man walk away with some sense of dignity? These women are pretty cold and heartless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
If women were actually more proactive about going after the men they want they would have significantly more success.
For once, I find myself agreeing with you and not being offended.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:48 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
if you know em it might be a good emotional boost. in a new setting, many women will reject an offer to dance if they dont know you, no matter how good you look or dance. its not all about me. see it alot. after about 10 rejections in a new place i start backpeddling.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:13 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
I've never asked a guy out when I had even the slightest inkling that he might say no. People are easy to read, so's chemistry. Back in my single days, I asked guys out only when it was obvious that there was an interest there...I've always found guys to be pretty obvious. Keeps rejection down. I never just went in all willy-nilly, I made the move when it was pretty much a given that they were gonna say yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships