Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2009, 01:25 AM

2,184 posts, read 5,551,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I was sitiing trying to figure why a female who responded to me FIRST who lived 6 hours away actually asked-"Do you travel to Pittsburgh"

Shouldnt she be coming to me first since she made the initial reply to my ad? That's like me replying to someone in California and asking-"how often do you come to Philadelphia?

Why do so many women feel they can reply to a man who lives miles away and expect him to make the first visit?

Anyone agree with me?
I don't think there should be a rule. I saw someone online I liked & I went to MA to meet him (I lived in CA). We didn't hit it off romantically but he came to see me about 8 months later with his daughter. He's married now & we're still online friends.

When we met, if it had been convenient for him, I guess he would have come to visit me, but if we'd "connected" I think he would not have moved to CA. His family is in MA & they're very close knit & extensive. Moreso than my own.

It seems like everytime TVSG gets potential interest, he sabotages it. If he wanted things to work, he'd be more flexible, instead of such a big... baby (to put it NICELY).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 02:01 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Regarding "Hanging Out"
From the Urban Dictionary: "Hanging Out" And "Hooking Up"

A term used particularly by promiscuous girls today, which has supplanted the term "dating". Previously, women would go on dates with men where they would get to know the man, and then be returned to their home safely. Now, women "hang out" which means they go to bars or friends houses, drink, pass out and wonder why their genitals hurt the next morning.

Hooking up is selecting a specific time to be with someone such as "We should hook up some time" and then actually meeting some where - can be with friends or romantic interest.

Re: Group Dating. It still has an element of exclusivity - like double dating such as going to dinner with another couple or a "group" of people.
I pretty much figured "hanging out" was a relationship where sex was NOT going to be in the picture--EVER.

Old 11-23-2009, 02:04 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,958 times
Dear TVandSportsguy,

You make me question humanity.

Sincerely,

Mango Tango (who has just drank 2 dirty martinis and is now sitting here completely baffled by this thread)

Old 11-23-2009, 03:52 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,540,294 times
My wife and I met through the yahoo personals. I put down I was looking for someone no more than 100 miles from where I lived. She lived 70. I drove to where she lived first. She said she wanted it that way for safety. If she didn't like me or if I was some kind of pervert, she was in familiar territory and could make a quick getaway. I must have behaved myself because we took turns driving to each other's homes almost 2 years while dating and continued to take turns driving back and forth for the first 6 years of our marriage. We're finally in the same house!

Old 11-23-2009, 08:52 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
38 days and counting, Grasshopper! Better stay away from that TV when you get home from work as you've a LOT of work ahead of you.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:56 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
TVSG, with the help of modern transportation, people can now venture out of their own village and don't have to marry their cousin. Hop a train and meet a young Philly outside of Philly!

Old 11-23-2009, 11:13 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
If I can take a 2 hour bus ride down to Venice (and have to cab halfway back) to meet with a whole group of C-Ders, just for the heck of it, you could certainly meet someone outside your comfort zone.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:54 AM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I don't see what the big deal is. Maybe they are open to ldr or something.

The man I met lived another state away and we both drove to see one another but now are together all the time.
How did that happen? Would it be weird is someone from another area/state commented on your profile, even if it was not directly about dating?

Old 02-09-2010, 03:34 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,104 times
The person wants to know if you are willing to visit them if it gets to that point and they are probably going to be willing to visit you.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:36 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
The person wants to know if you are willing to visit them if it gets to that point and they are probably going to be willing to visit you.

Whoever makes the first contact should make the first visit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships