Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 07:47 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Not feeling the love around here for the men in uniform Not all of us are authoritarian, regimented idiots...some, but not all.
Sorry, buddy... It's not only about that. It takes certain views of the world and mindset to be in this field. I put it in the same category as being obsessed with politics. I can't deal with pro-government people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 07:53 AM

78,428 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Um, ex-stripper? Just kidding...just kidding...

I'm not terribly picky on this one as long as they aren't working huge hours and don't have any spare time for me.

My last couple SO's were Mathematician, Dental Hygenist, Manger\student...so in terms of income it's a WIDE range, anywhere from 25k to 100k a year but I don't care too much about that. I'd rather date a gal that makes 25k and is frugal and low maintenance than a gal that makes 100k and blows through it and has a mountain of debt.

All I ask is that the person is able to support themself, doesn't need me financially and is honest\responsible. Ironically, I think it's easier to find women like that than men from what I hear.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:10 AM

36,534 posts, read 30,871,648 times
A veterinarian would be nice
a carpenter
a farmer
environmental sciences

something that would benefit me in some way or a least something I had and interest in for conversation. My stbx was in engineering and I always hated pretending I had any interest in his job stories. Same for any kind of factory work. But I guess that is being hypocritical because my job is boring too.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:11 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,643,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Hmmmm....well first off I like to hear anyone that I am dating has a job period! I like interesting jobs though...for instance

Say they work for the newspaper
A teacher
An artist of some kind of field
A pilot(although I would worry all the time)
Some one that works for the environment
A reporter
Someone that works with animals
Someone that deals with science
And anything that is interesting believe or not I am a great listener.

I like to hear your thoughts......
As long as the person does something respectable, I don't find myself hoping to hear one profession or another. What I do hope to hear is that they enjoy what they do for a living or they're at least satisfied with it. Most people hate their jobs and when you get into a relationship with them, you'll have to hear them complaining about it. So as long as they like what they do, there's no right answer to the question. I tend to look at people's job as just that, a job. It shouldn't define them or heavily influence how I see them.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:12 AM

444 posts, read 1,049,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Any job that is stable and pays more than mine.

I couldn't have put that any better!

Old 07-10-2009, 08:19 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Sorry, buddy... It's not only about that. It takes certain views of the world and mindset to be in this field. I put it in the same category as being obsessed with politics. I can't deal with pro-government people.
You might be surprised at how many folks I serve alongside who could care less about politics or what's going on in the world. Even while deployed many of them get caught up in a routine to get through it and live as normally as they can under the circumstances. I've never voted in my life and never will, and I work with several others who feel the same way. Like I said, many people have preconceived notions about what kind of person does a certain job. A majority of enlistees join because they live in places where there aren't any good jobs, or for the education/tuition benefits, with the exception of The Marines who are a bit more gung-ho, but even all of them aren't flag waving robots.

I will agree that some jobs tend to attract a certain type of person more than others. Cops, firemen, fishermen, strippers, accountants etc., but even in those professions you encounter many exceptions to the rule.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:21 AM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Not feeling the love around here for the men in uniform Not all of us are authoritarian, regimented idiots...some, but not all.
Plenty of love here hon. I live in a military town...surrounded by 'em for over 30 years.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:39 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Plenty of love here hon. I live in a military town...surrounded by 'em for over 30 years.

Maybe I need to take a vacation to your area. Just a quick week or two to rev the engine!
Of course, I'll need to meet the ones that don't mind the 40+ year-old engines!

Old 07-10-2009, 08:53 AM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
Maybe I need to take a vacation to your area. Just a quick week or two to rev the engine!
Of course, I'll need to meet the ones that don't mind the 40+ year-old engines!
Oh yes, if that's what you want, there is LOTS of engine-revving to be had here, dear.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:11 AM
CBB

481 posts, read 2,242,338 times
IF I was still dating, I'd love someone who is an architect or a (marine) biologist because those are topics I'm very interested in. But in the end, the only thing that matters is that he has an honorable job, a good income, doesn't work too much and is happy with what he's doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships