Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 05:51 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,448,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttergirl2865 View Post
I dated my ex for 2 years and we broke up six years ago. At the time, of the breakup I asked him not to email and call me. HE was emotionall abusive. But, he continues to email me to this day! He is now MARRIED to someone else! He always wants to know how I am doing and where I am living... Why would he do this?
Why are you responding to him? Don't answer the phone or tell him not to call you anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 09:37 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,543,882 times
Next time he calls you, pretend to be breathless and do a lot of giggling and say things like, "c'mon Mark, I'm on the phone..." Then start moaning lightly, breathe harder and scream, "I gotta go!", and hang up. I think he'll get the drift. If he calls again after that, same acting job, but change the guys name. I think he'll leave you alone.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:01 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Don't change anything - why should you have to?

Just block his email and start screening your calls.

Ignore him.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:09 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Ignore him.
The simplest and most sensible comment yet. It does appear that the OP has been enabling the man's behavior when she questions, "Why would he do this?" Because he can, because you haven't blocked his emails and calls?

And do please leave his wife and the principal out of it - don't drag anybody else into it until you've done what you should have done a long time ago.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:27 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:

Ignore him.

Agree, you shouldn't have to change anything,
nut jobs love the challenge, speaking from some experiencce here.
Be ready for the third party game, as another poster pointed out.
Contacting his employer or wife is a game to, that could result
in legal problems for you.
Contact an attorney if need be and get a restraining order.
If you'd like to DM me, feel free.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:48 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkleoni1 View Post
If you respond to him you are playing his game. Do not respond, do not accept calls... Not even long enough to tell him not to call. You hear his voice you hang up. You get an email, you immediately delete. He will then go away...
This is why there are stalking laws, because there are people who don't go away. She shouldn't have to spend any more time getting unwelcomed calls and email from anyone. She should get the law involved if there is any hope of it ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamworksSKG View Post
you could get a restraining order from the court
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
ignoring the guy doens't work..they always find a way for contact if they're desperate enough. I say just block him from emails if you're not strong enough to ignore him, change your number or block him there too. I'm in the same boat except my ex isn't married (he'll never get married..lol), he just moved 900 miles away now, always curious how I'm doing every 6 months or so. the only solution is to block him from any ways he can contact you if you're not strong enough to ignore him. Aside from that, I don't know.
Blocking him doesn't mean he stops trying to contact her. In fact, when he sees she is not responding, it will likely inspire him to find another way to get to her.

Quote:

Ignore him.
This is the most common reaction to this type of thing. Unfortunately, many people do have to change their way of life to get away from these predators. She told him to stop contacting her and it didn't end. He has a wife and he hasn't stopped. He works for the school system and is engaging in this type of behavior. Doesn't look to me like he's going to stop on his own.

One of the giggest frustrations for victims is everyone around them projecting rational thinking onto a completely irrational human being. Abusers thrive on control and access. Remove that and the situation could escalate.

To the OP, how often does he contact you? What have your responses been?

For now, save all your emails and contact an attorney about getting a restraining order. There are DV organizations that can help you find representation at little or no cost. The bottom line is that he is not welcome to contact you and he continues to do so. There are laws against that.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:52 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
It doesn`t sound like you are really ready to let him go....if you were, you would have already deleted him from you.
Let him go in your heart...the rest will be easy!

Old 07-12-2009, 05:48 PM

3 posts, read 17,175 times
I have let him go emotionally. I will block him from my email. But, he could always create and new email address. He has done this in the past. I would think he would have forgotten about me after ALL of this time and the fact that he is MARRIED.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:21 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
I have let him go emotionally. I will block him from my email. But, he could always create and new email address. He has done this in the past. I would think he would have forgotten about me after ALL of this time and the fact that he is MARRIED.

Could you explain what you mean he could create new email address?

Old 07-12-2009, 06:28 PM

551 posts, read 1,924,615 times
Quote:
I dated my ex for 2 years and we broke up six years ago. At the time, of the breakup I asked him not to email and call me. HE was emotionall abusive. But, he continues to email me to this day! He is now MARRIED to someone else! He always wants to know how I am doing and where I am living... Why would he do this?
Can you contact his wife and ask her to tell him to knock it off?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships