Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider virtual flirt a cheat?
Yes as a matter of fact I do! 16 64.00%
No, that's ok with me! 9 36.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 02:31 PM

23 posts, read 73,593 times

Advertisements

My sister found out that her boyfriend has an account on a social network site and that he used to send other girls messages with :"How are you?You are pretty give me your YM!". She was very mad when she found out and so was I because si is my little sister and I tend to protect her all the time. They had a fight he told her that this was a set-up from some hacker he had a fight with but personaly I'm not buying it. Now she is confused and she asks me what to do as they were togheter for a year and things were ok.
What do you think about this?Did it ever happened to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 02:33 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Yep. He`s lying.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:25 PM

537 posts, read 291,937 times
Yes, it's cheating.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:10 PM

382 posts, read 1,355,454 times
There isn't a cracker (the real term) that would set up a personal account to flirt with someone on someone else's computer. Now they might use your connection if it's wireless and unsecured, but they would much rather get your credit card information, SS#, and bank account info.

He's full of it and lying to cover his *****. Just let her know if she stays with him now she knows what she's in for in the future. He isn't going to change for her. A year is a small amount of time when it comes to relationships. I would suggest she take back control, dump him, and move on. She'll be better off in the long run without him.

Oh, and I also think it's cheating.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:16 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
Cheating. Virtual cheating. Or cyber cheating. Still cheating.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:20 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
cheating is physical. you cant have a physical relationship with a computer. a sustained emotional relationship with someone thru internet has a lota names.
people dont like it. its the step b4 cheating, . people with love addictions do it alot, swimming with 1 toe on the bottom of the pool. its not a guy thing women do it too. triangle people just cant do a 1 on 1. do everything 3 way. if they ever leave partner A, the thing on the side will collapse overnight. these people have major trust issues, often narcisst and very attractive.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:28 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
He's covering his butt cause he knows theres no way out. If he continues to lie to her even now, the guy needs and deserves to get the "its not you, its me" speech. Just that in this case, it is him.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:51 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Okay - here is my opinion. In general being flirtatious, in life or virtually is not cheating. It could definitely be good for anyone's self esteem, and it's fun...but: even flirtation has its levels. When it gets to very personal conversations with sexual sub-context, then it becomes emotional cheating. Cheating is not just physical, but emotional as well. A friend of mine was very flirtatious with a new friend on Facebook...it started innocent, just small talk here and there..(what's up, how was ur day...), then it turned into: "u r so hot...i wish i could meet u one day..." When it gets to this point, it is starting to cross the line into cheating. Trust me, I heard these kind of "innocent cyber flirting" that destroyed relationships! It could turn into a dangerous game because it seems so innocent in the beginning.

Old 07-11-2009, 07:21 PM

551 posts, read 1,924,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Okay - here is my opinion. In general being flirtatious, in life or virtually is not cheating. It could definitely be good for anyone's self esteem, and it's fun...but: even flirtation has its levels. When it gets to very personal conversations with sexual sub-context, then it becomes emotional cheating. Cheating is not just physical, but emotional as well. A friend of mine was very flirtatious with a new friend on Facebook...it started innocent, just small talk here and there..(what's up, how was ur day...), then it turned into: "u r so hot...i wish i could meet u one day..." When it gets to this point, it is starting to cross the line into cheating. Trust me, I heard these kind of "innocent cyber flirting" that destroyed relationships! It could turn into a dangerous game because it seems so innocent in the beginning.
I totally agree. Thank you. He has not cheated. He, however, is lying through his teeth with the whole hacker thing. IMO, this means that he is near ready to cross that line.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:24 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
He's covering his butt cause he knows theres no way out. If he continues to lie to her even now, the guy needs and deserves to get the "its not you, its me" speech. Just that in this case, it is him.
Exactly. Liar and future cheat. Run, don't walk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships