Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 11:36 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,804,334 times

Advertisements

I am seeing guys wear XXXXXX Large shirts, very loose pants and they show their boxers with lot of jewerly.

What is so nice about this? I find this disturbing and especially for the young kids. They walk like they are limping. I don't understand them. They mumble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 11:41 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
As much as I agree, you probably should stick with the fashion forum on this one.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:42 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
And you are in Texas???
I thought everyone walked around in church clothes there. Not that that is bad. I'm surprised is all.

Well, the loose pants, boxers showing, and jewelry is the gangsta rap or thug appearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
I am seeing guys wear XXXXXX Large shirts, very loose pants and they show their boxers with lot of jewerly.

What is so nice about this? I find this disturbing and especially for the young kids. They walk like they are limping. I don't understand them. They mumble.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
As much as I agree, you probably should stick with the fashion forum on this one.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
And you are in Texas???
I thought everyone walked around in church clothes there. Not that that is bad. I'm surprised is all.

Well, the loose pants, boxers showing, and jewelry is the gangsta rap or thug appearance.
Yes. But this is all over the USA. Well it depends on the neighborhood and division.

Fake Gangsters.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:26 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Yes. But this is all over the USA. Well it depends on the neighborhood and division.

Fake Gangsters.
I agree one guy I work with dresses like this...i always tell him ...i can see your butt....pull your pants up...the sad thing is he wears it like this while swimming with his uns showing too! I think its a phase. He is only 20.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:27 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
Dorks...with a capitol "D". I like watching them on cops. Those morons that try to run but end up tripping over their own baggy pants. I guess they think it makes them look tough.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:31 PM

647 posts, read 2,083,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Dorks...with a capitol "D". I like watching them on cops. Those morons that try to run but end up tripping over their own baggy pants. I guess they think it makes them look tough.
Ha, ha, I love it!
In my work, I deal with a lot of teens on a daily basis and I once asked some teenaged girls about this style of dress on the boys, whether they like it or not, and nearly all of them said, "yeah, we think it's hot" or "yeah, he looks really cool" and so on and so forth. As long as these kids look up to their hero rappers, athletes, and musicians who dress this way and basically set the style as such.....these kids will follow their ways.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:09 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:

This disgusting fashion "trend" is over 10 years old and came straight from prisions. I keep hoping it's going to die off any time now, but that ghetto prison mentality seems to keep going and going like the Energizer Bunny

Old 07-12-2009, 01:33 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,653,873 times
I don't know why people really care about the way other people dress. I sag my jeans and shorts, but my shirts are big enough that you wouldn't be able to see my underwear. I think its just a matter of knowing the time and place to dress like that. Im already well aware that when Im in a work situation I have to dress up more. But honestly if you don't like seeing someone's underwear or someones whos sagging don't look. Its really not that hard. For example lets say I don't like a certain type of car. I just don't look at it, its really simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships