Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 07:56 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Now I'm confused. I thought men like whores. Men are such an unhappy lot. They b*tch if she puts out, they b*tch if she doesn't put out.
Hey!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 09:01 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
I've tried to restrain from posting on this thread because, its seems pretty obvious that the OP has issues.

So you're living your life, you have a 5 yr old kid right, everythings good, you love the kid.

Get a DNA test, find out that the kid belongs to the mailman.

What you gonna do punish the poor little kid? You are that kids father. Anyone can be a sperm donor. That little kid looks in your eyes and calls you "Daddy", that would be all I need.

Really.

Course, I think Mrs Chow I would have a little talk though.

Old 07-16-2009, 09:15 PM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
A bill? So if you'd been raising a child for 9 years and found out he wasn't yours, you'd just pack up, leave and never look back? If that's the case, I'd say you did the child a favor as you couldn't have been a very effective father.
No SH*T!! Good grief!!!!

Old 07-17-2009, 10:54 AM

1,293 posts, read 3,189,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No SH*T!! Good grief!!!!
And I suppose the "mother" in this case would win an award? Not saying the child deserves this, but neither did the husband in this scenario. Being ok with doing this to someone you supposedly love, that's an awe inspiring parent as well right?

Old 07-17-2009, 11:34 AM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
And I suppose the "mother" in this case would win an award? Not saying the child deserves this, but neither did the husband in this scenario. Being ok with doing this to someone you supposedly love, that's an awe inspiring parent as well right?
I clearly said nothing of the kind. I was clearly referring to a father, checking out of his (biological, or not) childs life. THAT makes you a piece of sh*t in my book. Period.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:25 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,488,150 times
Quote:
Fact: 1 out of 3 men who take this test finds out the kid isn't his
I think the key lies in what kind of men are taking this test. You would have to have reasonable cause to even go through with this.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:13 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,605,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I think the key lies in what kind of men are taking this test. You would have to have reasonable cause to even go through with this.
Exactly, you have to take into consideration what kind of men and women were dealing with here, the Springer and Povich types

Old 07-18-2009, 02:25 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynec613 View Post
No one said anything like that; if you can't get past what your wife did - then divorce her. But anybody who would walk out on a kid that they've been raising as their own for years didn't love the child in the first place - plain and simple.

Old 04-12-2010, 02:23 PM

10 posts, read 13,318 times
Although the home testing kits are cheap, they are not legally permissible. So, you'd be spending money all over again for new DNA test when you want something a judge is willing to see. When in doubt, get a "legal paternity DNA test". There is no substitute. In the San Francisco Bay Area, I recommend DNA Mobile Test. Do a search on their name.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:23 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,465,602 times
Whatever the OP's issues, I find this whole thing an interesting display.

If a woman found out that her husband had cheated on her and fathered a child out of wedlock that he was now financailly responsible for, consuming their income and basically taking food out of the mouths of the couples legitimate children, many in this forum would advise her that if she can't reconcile, she should leave her spouse regardless of the trauma inflicted on their children by the divorce.

Yet when a man is cheated on, he's expected "man up" and live with the consequences of the wife's cheating and pay for the child because its in the best interest of the child.

Double standard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships