Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2009, 11:23 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
Most times I feel like kicking them, and cats are crazy.
Anyone kicks my dog is going to get the same thing done right back to them. Sorry, but if you feel this way about dogs you are a loser. A COMPLETE LOSER.

I remember once I was out walking my English Bulldog when I lived in Burbank and these 5 Mexican gang bangy type dudes walked up to me with their obviously neglected pitbull and said "Yo, lets let your dog fight our dog? Shall I turn him loose?" I told him "If you let your dog bite my dog Im killin' everyone of you mf'rs then Im taking your dog to give him a better life". They wised up and kept walking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 11:33 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
“Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France

I have a 50-pound dog. Whomever I date has to like her personality and her energy. I hate when people want a pet just to be a lap-warmer. How boring, and how unappreciative of who animals really are.

I definitely want someone who cares about animals, and prefer someone who either has a dog, or has had one in the past. Adopted, not purchased.

My dog tends to ignore cats, but cats don't like my dog. I'm sure after getting swatted enough times, my dog would start to retaliate, which would end badly. So no cats please, and no yappy little fear-aggressive dogs for the same reason.
My dog is small. In a lot of ways, he acts like a little boy. Just as if I had a real child, I would only date someone who could accept him. Some people just don't care for animals or see the appeal. That's fine. But you'll never be able to explain to them why an animal is more than just a lap-warmer. Most dog-owners get it and you don't have to explain it them.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:37 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France

I have a 50-pound dog. Whomever I date has to like her personality and her energy. I hate when people want a pet just to be a lap-warmer. How boring, and how unappreciative of who animals really are.

I definitely want someone who cares about animals, and prefer someone who either has a dog, or has had one in the past. Adopted, not purchased.

My dog tends to ignore cats, but cats don't like my dog. I'm sure after getting swatted enough times, my dog would start to retaliate, which would end badly. So no cats please, and no yappy little fear-aggressive dogs for the same reason.
I had a cat. My wife had a brittany spaniel. When we were married, she moved into our house and brought the dog with her. We brought the dog into the back yard, and it trotted over to check out the cat. The cat sniffed her nose for about a second, and then gave the dog three quick swats to the nose--without claws--as if to show who was boss. After those preliminaries were dispensed with, the cat and the dog got along just fine.

Last edited by cpg35223; 07-19-2009 at 11:53 AM..

Old 07-19-2009, 11:44 AM

648 posts, read 1,641,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Or are the pets a turn off? Myself I have always loved pets. Infact have a cat and a dog now. To me it shows love and big responsibility.

What do think?
Depends on how much they are into their pet.. They might be more important than you are.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:57 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,476,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Some people just don't care for animals or see the appeal. That's fine. But you'll never be able to explain to them why an animal is more than just a lap-warmer. Most dog-owners get it and you don't have to explain it them.
Yep

Old 07-19-2009, 08:23 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mading6 View Post
People like you should not be alive. You sound like a whacko, serious mental problems!!!! Have you ever thought about seeing a shrink?
lol everyone has their own likes and dislikes.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
My dog is small. In a lot of ways, he acts like a little boy. Just as if I had a real child, I would only date someone who could accept him. Some people just don't care for animals or see the appeal. That's fine. But you'll never be able to explain to them why an animal is more than just a lap-warmer. Most dog-owners get it and you don't have to explain it them.
What kind do you have? I have a Lopso-opso.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:54 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,476,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
lol everyone has their own likes and dislikes.
Likes and dislikes are one thing.

Wanting to harm animals is sociopathic.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:26 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
I'm not a pet person and thank GOD none of the guys I've dealt with, with their own places, had any because I think that would be an obstacle for us in our relationship. People with pets tend to get a little upset if you're not feeling their animal. I can't stand dogs because they always wanna come over to you and sniff you and lick and all of that. Most times I feel like kicking them, and cats are crazy. I refuse to make eye contact with a cat. That's some scary stuff right there.
Maybe this is why you are having problems with finding a decent man to date and maybe marry. At least if a man has a dog or cat, and it's friendly, obedient and well taken care of, you know that he's a stand up guy that is responsible (and not afraid of responsibilities), caring with a softer side and nurturing, and also considerate of others if his dog is well behaved.

And your god made the animals too. Learn to love and accept them in your life. Maybe you have some personal space issues though. And how can you let a cat with just mere eye contact freak you out so badly? Do you believe in witchcraft and voodoo?

And I would never in a million years date the male equivalent of you. You're the one that nuts!!!

Old 07-20-2009, 09:54 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Maybe this is why you are having problems with finding a decent man to date and maybe marry. At least if a man has a dog or cat, and it's friendly, obedient and well taken care of, you know that he's a stand up guy that is responsible (and not afraid of responsibilities), caring with a softer side and nurturing, and also considerate of others if his dog is well behaved.

And your god made the animals too. Learn to love and accept them in your life. Maybe you have some personal space issues though. And how can you let a cat with just mere eye contact freak you out so badly? Do you believe in witchcraft and voodoo?

And I would never in a million years date the male equivalent of you. You're the one that nuts!!!
Well said. I have no respect for anyone who says they want to harm animals. Especially kick a dog as mspitsburgh says she want to do. No class loser. Maybe mspittsburgh should date Michael Vick, I think he's much more her type - animal killer and convicted felon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships