Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 09:00 AM

78,281 posts, read 60,492,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
When I was taking dancing lessons with this guy-instructor, I'll tell ya... They KNOW they are a rare find. Not many men dance, esp have a body trained to perform these highly specialized movements... You can get a whiff of superiority and entitlement off of them... What professions can they be compared to? Something highly specialized and achieved by much training? Exotic cheese tasters?
Mmmmmmm cheese! /Homer Simpson

Actually, if you ever meet competitive bridge players....you just described some of them to a T. The REALLY elite ones are actually paid to partner with people in major tournaments etc. (Bill Gates and Warren Buffet are competitive bridge players and I've heard they've hired some of the best in the world to occasionally partner with them.)

I would think there are more guys than gals into competitive dance, probably lending itself to them being jerk-wads since they don't have to be nice so true colors come out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 09:00 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,169,867 times
Jacka$$...that does suck though, sorry, I hope you can find someoe even better..

Old 07-15-2009, 09:04 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,611,282 times
Lol, yea, the guys obviously looking over the fence at different pastures. I'm certain you won't have any issues finding a new partner though.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:49 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,018,607 times
Thanks, you guys!

I have taken the high road. We did not argue or get into a fight about this. In fact, I was quite calm when he told me. It was the thinking about it and dwelling on it AFTERWARD that got me in a tizzy.

I already knew something was up. I had my hand surgery and only needed two days to recover and I was ready to get back into the studio and practice, but he made some lame excuses for why he couldn't make it. Then, the day before competition he called me and told me he had something important to tell me in person - not over the phone. He made reference to his back hurting, so I figured he was going to tell me that he was taking a break from training because he had hurt his back.

The thing is, I know how women operate. This woman was available to dance with him for years, and indeed, he had been asking her for years to dance with him. Our partnership is fairly new - only 5 months. I know this woman decided she wanted to dance with him only when she knew he wasn't available. It's a game.

It will be for the better anyway. Together, he and I only compete in International Standard. I compete in all four dance styles, but he thinks the other three styles are "crap", so he doesn't dance those styles. I was still looking for another partner to dance those other styles with. Now I am looking for someone or a couple of someones to dance all four styles.

It sucks, but I'll live.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:57 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,938,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Thanks, you guys!

I have taken the high road. We did not argue or get into a fight about this. In fact, I was quite calm when he told me. It was the thinking about it and dwelling on it AFTERWARD that got me in a tizzy.

I already knew something was up. I had my hand surgery and only needed two days to recover and I was ready to get back into the studio and practice, but he made some lame excuses for why he couldn't make it. Then, the day before competition he called me and told me he had something important to tell me in person - not over the phone. He made reference to his back hurting, so I figured he was going to tell me that he was taking a break from training because he had hurt his back.

The thing is, I know how women operate. This woman was available to dance with him for years, and indeed, he had been asking her for years to dance with him. Our partnership is fairly new - only 5 months. I know this woman decided she wanted to dance with him only when she knew he wasn't available. It's a game.

It will be for the better anyway. Together, he and I only compete in International Standard. I compete in all four dance styles, but he thinks the other three styles are "crap", so he doesn't dance those styles. I was still looking for another partner to dance those other styles with. Now I am looking for someone or a couple of someones to dance all four styles.

It sucks, but I'll live.
I'll ask around to see if anyone is in your area would be a good partner for you. I'll ask my wife and Dimitry if they know of anyone. I understand how difficult it is to find a good partner.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:59 PM

532 posts, read 1,269,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Thanks, you guys!

It sucks, but I'll live.
OK, OK, I got the hint, I'll dance with you, no need to be coy, you should have just asked. Should we start with the Cabbage Patch or Running Man? I am expert at both and have an amazing white man's overbite, the judges will love it.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:00 PM

22,132 posts, read 19,185,845 times
whether or not you wait 3 months, is entirely YOUR choice, it is not HIS choice to make for you or to demand from you

whatever you choose, choose for your own peace of mind, quality of life, and well-being

Old 07-15-2009, 01:06 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,323,210 times
he's just got you on stand-by while he checks out this other partner..that's just using someone who's too nice, bet ya he wouldn't even try this type crap with everyone...don't let him abuse your kindness this way..there are other fish, maybe they're not easy to find but I wouldn't sit and wait around if I were you...maybe you ought to do your damnest to try to find a partner in this time and see what happens but I wouldn't sit still...

Old 07-15-2009, 01:09 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,018,607 times
Believe me - I'm no shrinking violet and I am not sitting around waiting for him. Twinkle waits for no man!

Old 07-15-2009, 08:53 PM

12,949 posts, read 13,659,169 times
This guy takes the cake !, tell him he can't have his cake and........ !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships