Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2009, 10:59 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,579,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I've never seen that magazine, but I know you mean women. I was just pointing out that women in general buy more magazines than men do. 90% of what's on the shelves at the market is for women. You men don't look at Martha Stewart's Living and think, "Ooh, those cookies look so tempting."
90% of the stores are for females too, when I go to a major store I ask a clerk where's the worst place in the store where the Mens dept. is?

There are Men that cook and so forth for themselves ya know.

Men on the most part IMO wouldn't take one of those magazines because they either really Love their wife or don't want to file for divorce b/c it's not in their best financial interests.

I have taken a copy of that magazine, read it while the stomach turns and it really sends a message to me that ........ better not say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 11:09 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
90% of the stores are for females too, when I go to a major store I ask a clerk where's the worst place in the store where the Mens dept. is?

There are Men that cook and so forth for themselves ya know.
Oh, definitely, but I don't often see men buy cooking magazines. I'm not sure I have ever seen it, frankly, but I guess you could pick up a Bon Appetit and not look girly. Good Housekeeping? Notsomuch.

Quote:
Men on the most part IMO wouldn't take one of those magazines because they either really Love their wife or don't want to file for divorce b/c it's not in their best financial interests.

I have taken a copy of that magazine, read it while the stomach turns and it really sends a message to me that ........ better not say.
I can imagine. Divorce can hurt people a lot and make them very angry and vengeful. Maybe that magazine's bias is why it was free. It wasn't readable enough to get anybody to pay for it.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:23 AM

88,508 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
If you are a woman, why would you not want a divorce? You gain a house, alimony, money you did not earn and usually get to keep the kids. Plus unload a bunch of debt.
Uh, no, I don't think so. I divorced partly because I could no longer afford to support him and five years of being unemployed (we were married for ten) and him still telling me to "cut him some slack" about finding a job. It took me years to pay off debt that he had accumulated. And no, he didn't take care of our daughter even though he wasn't working.

On his end, he had to pay me $50 a week in child support, which he did when he felt like it. By the time he got around to becoming an employed person, it took me getting a lawyer to get an increase in child support. The increase in child support I received until she was 18 amounted to approximately the same amount I had to pay for the lawyer.

And I am certainly not the only woman I know who was drained like this. I realize that the scenario you present does happen, too, but it's not the norm.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
If the shoe was predominately on the other genders foot they'd probably be about 1000 variations of threads to date complaining about "how unfair" it is for them to $hell out.

The whole thing is quite to say the least.

Then they question why I would never either get married, co-habit nor have any offspring with them?

Generally speaking (don't mean all) Human Beings are supposedly the most intelligent form of life on earth, doesn't seem like it a good part of the time does it?
I don't agree with that. I think the black widow spider is far superior in intelligence. She mates, kills and eats the male, and then finds another one when she's ready. No mess, no lawyers.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't agree with that. I think the black widow spider is far superior in intelligence. She mates, kills and eats the male, and then finds another one when she's ready. No mess, no lawyers.
The only difference between a black widow spider and human female in that scenario is that the human female mates, produces offspring, then in the process chews and spits out the male while he then has to pay the piper in most cases IMO.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:50 AM

36,503 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
The only difference between a black widow spider and human female in that scenario is that the human female mates, produces offspring, then in the process chews and spits out the male while he then has to pay the piper in most cases IMO.
Wonder how many men would prefer death?

Old 12-08-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Not in my case. He was not only not catching any flies for the family, he just hung out all day in the web with the remote in his hand!

Old 12-08-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerlybob View Post
the reason is simple......

we just don't care.
You got a point there.

But when he has to hear the judgment against him in court he would have to care financially.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:09 PM

4,894 posts, read 14,134,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Much much more often than men? I read a stat that women file around 70 percent of the time!!! Why is this?
Because our husbands are tied up with the mistress....as they say, if you want to do it right, do it yourself

Old 12-08-2009, 12:34 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,460,444 times
Women know that the person who files first has the upper hand. the remaining party, is now forced to play defense for the remainder of the divorce proceedings. which is not a good position to be in, believe me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships